Aetna Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment
Founded in 1853 and active in all 50 states, Aetna’s network coverage includes 1.2 million healthcare professionals, almost 700,000 primary care doctors and specialist and over 5,700 hospitals.1The company has over 46 million members in its various health plans, including regular health insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance.2
As part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Aetna provides marketplace insurance plans that cover some or all the costs of substance abuse rehab program. If you have Aetna health insurance and are searching for a drug and alcohol treatment facility that is covered by your plan, American Addiction Centers (AAC) is here to help.
American Addiction Centers (AAC) strives to provide you with the most updated information on each carrier’s addiction insurance coverage, but policy changes and errors do occur. Please check with your insurance carrier directly to confirm coverage levels.
Does Aetna Cover Addiction Treatment?
You may be wondering if your Aetna health insurance plan covers substance abuse rehabilitation. The short answer is yes. Aetna will cover at least some of your addiction recovery treatment. Based on the plan you have, your treatment may be partially or fully covered.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires all insurance companies to provide some type of coverage for alcohol and drug rehab treatment. The ACA requires all health insurance plans to cover behavioral health treatment (e.g., psychotherapy and counseling), mental health inpatient services, and substance use disorder (SUD) treatment.3
The financial responsibility you have for your treatment will depend on the state you live in, the healthcare plan you have, the treatment you need, and if you choose an in-network or out-of-network facility. No matter what drug and alcohol treatment facility you choose and what insurance policy you have, you will likely be responsible for paying some out-of-pocket costs.
The amount of health coverage you have can vary widely based on your state of residence, whether the facility is in- or out-of-network, the length of your stay, and your insurance plan level. The cost of drug and alcohol rehab, when you have Aetna insurance, will vary from person to person and will also depend on the addiction facility, the type of program attended, and specific services received.
What Rehab Centers Take Aetna Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have an Aetna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Aetna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and telehealth.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.
You can also check on which rehab centers accept your Aetna insurance by filling out the form below.
Different Types of Aetna Substance Abuse Treatment
With most Aetna plans covering at least some of the costs of recovery treatment for drug and alcohol addiction, the types of treatment can vary in intensity and frequency. Types of treatment may include:7,8
Medical detox helps you withdraw safely from drugs and alcohol. Under 24/7 medical supervision, staff will work closely with you—and may prescribe medications to help ensure that you withdraw safely and that your symptoms are addressed as needed. Read more: Medical Detox Centers Near Me.
Inpatient or Residential Treatment
With inpatient treatment, you receive treatment and live at the facility. Inpatient or residential addiction treatment typically involves group and/or individual therapy. It is often recommended for individuals with co-occurring or dual diagnosis mental health issues, limited outside support, home environments that don’t lend themselves to sobriety, and poor treatment outcomes in the past. Read more: Inpatient/Residential Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers.
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
These programs allow you to live at home throughout treatment and spend your days at the treatment facility. This is sometimes referred to as day treatment. Read more: Partial Hospitalization Program.
Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP)
These programs typically involve attending substance abuse treatment programs approximately 3 evenings a week. People in these programs can live at home and go to work during the day. Read more: Intensive Outpatient Programs and Rehabs.
An outpatient facility lets you meet with doctors and therapists, and you can even attend group sessions and recovery meetings before heading back home at the end of the day. With a residential program, you get the chance to focus solely on your recovery without any daily tasks getting in your way or slowing down your progress.
When you decide to get treatment for a drug or alcohol addiction, you will need to decide what type of treatment is best for you.
How to Check Your Aetna Rehab Coverage
Before choosing the right rehab treatment center for you, check your Aetna policy benefits to determine which costs will be covered by your insurance company and which will be out-of-pocket for you. Call the number on the back of your insurance card or log in to your account on Aetna’s website to learn more about what your specific policy plan covers.
Knowing exactly what your Aetna insurance plan covers can give you peace of mind while you or your loved one is in rehab for substance abuse. You can do the work of getting and staying sober without worrying about unexpected costs or financial struggles.
Recommended Rehab Treatment Articles
- Rehab Insurance Cover
- Addiction Hotline Number
- Best Rehab Centers
- Residential Inpatient Treatment
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment
- Couples Rehab Centers
- Alcohol Addiction Rehab
- Drug Addiction Rehab
- Couples Rehab Centers
- Free Rehab Centers
- 30 Day Rehab Near Me
- 90 Day Rehab Near Me