Oxford Health Plans Insurance Coverage for Addiction Treatment
Seeking treatment for an addiction problem needs to be a top priority for those struggling with a substance use disorder (SUD). In this article, you can find valuable information about addiction treatment coverage by learning how to access your Oxford Health Plans benefits.
Does Oxford Cover Addiction Treatment?
When you have a substance use disorder (SUD), treatment is a crucial first step to putting you on the path to recovery. Whether you are dealing with a drug or alcohol addiction, detox and therapy are instrumental in getting you back on the right path in life. You may be wondering whether Oxford covers drug rehab. In most instances, insurance carriers provide some level of addiction treatment care.
Oxford Health is covered under United Healthcare’s insurance provider, and substance abuse falls within the behavioral health coverage.1 You have access to substance abuse recovery services and Oxford therapy coverage with a healthcare plan.1
How to Check Your Insurance Benefits?
You will probably have greater peace of mind if you know exactly what your Oxford Health Plan covers. There are a couple of ways to go about seeking information. First, you can simply call and talk to one of our admissions navigators about your questions. Or, you can click here or fill out the form below.
Do Treatment Centers Need to Be In-Network?
When looking for substance abuse treatment, you can search for an in-network provider by verifying your insurance benefits with the place you plan to visit, or you can call the phone number on the back of your insurance card. In-network providers have contracted with Oxford to provide the best rate for services, which means you get that discount passed on to you. You still may need a pre-authorization for services, so it is best to verify your plan’s benefits with your insurance provider or the rehab facility.1
Oxford’s in-network providers and facilities are located in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.2 If you find yourself outside this area for whatever reason, Oxford also has national providers who may be available to you.2 Contact Oxford for further details.
What Different Types of Addiction Treatment Does Oxford Cover?
Depending on the severity of your addiction, you may require a certain level of addiction treatment. Oxford health may provide coverage for the following addiction treatment programs:5
- Medical detox: In this program, you will be monitored during the withdrawal phase of your treatment. Clinicians will ensure your safety during this time.
- Inpatient programs: This includes physician oversight and 24/7 monitoring until you complete the program.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs): This is a step down from inpatient treatment and includes coming to the facility most days of the week for most of the day. You will return home at night.
- Outpatient programs: You’ll come to the facility for therapy regularly, usually once or twice a week unless it’s intensive outpatient treatment.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): These outpatient programs require that you attend treatment programs for longer and more frequent sessions than you would in a standard outpatient program.
- Aftercare: Aftercare programs support sustained sobriety after more intensive rehab. There are many types of aftercare, including support groups, therapy, and community programs.
Which Rehab Centers Take Oxford Health Plan Insurance?
There are American Addiction Centers (AAC) rehabilitation facilities located throughout the United States, and some of them might work with Oxford to provide you with substance use treatment. As you familiarize yourself with your health insurance coverage through Oxford, take some time to think about which facility is going to work best for you. Some of AAC’s facilities include:
- AdCare Rhode Island: Situated in Rhode Island, AdCare Rhode Island specializes in medically monitored withdrawal management, crisis stabilization, an outpatient program, and a complimentary informational session for families of those seeking treatment.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: This Nevada-based treatment center features individual and family therapy, medical detox, aftercare, and substance abuse programming specific to veterans and first responders.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Based in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse Treatment Center features a family program, individualized treatment, medical detox, and treatment for co-occurring disorders.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Laguna Beach is not too far away from Laguna Treatment Hospital, which utilizes 12-Step involvement, offers a family program and individualized treatment, and follows up with aftercare support.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford Treatment Center has residential treatment (both short- and long-term), individualized treatment, medical detox, and a family program.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: River Oaks Treatment Center is located near Tampa, Florida. This facility is home to addiction-focused healthcare in its inpatient residential program and outpatient therapy. A family program, medical detox, and aftercare support are also available as part of your treatment.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Sunrise House Treatment Center is in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, and it specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). Sunrise House offers a family program, IOP, and a residential inpatient program.
You can use our directory and filter by “insurance” to locate in-network facilities close to you if AAC is not in-network for you. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of other facilities and programs.
Rehabs.com strives to provide you with the most updated information on each carriers’ addiction insurance coverage, but policy changes and errors do occur. Please check with your insurance carrier directly to confirm coverage levels.