Humana Insurance Coverage for Drug & Alcohol Rehab
Humana is one of the largest insurance companies in the United States, providing healthcare coverage to over 16 million people.3 Health plans provided by Humana include well vision and dental coverage, prescription drug, and employer-provided group plans.4
Once you have decided to pursue alcohol or drug addiction treatment, for yourself or your loved one, the question of how to pay for rehab can be a major concern. However, if you have a Humana Health Plan, then at least a portion of your rehab will be covered. This page will share information on Humana, how your insurance plan may cover substance abuse treatment, and how to verify the benefits you have under your specific plan.
Does Humana Cover Addiction Treatment?
When it comes to alcohol and drug addiction, the cost of treatment can be a major concern. So, does Humana cover detox or treatment for a substance use disorder (SUD)? Most Humana plans provide addiction treatment coverage. Humana plans that include behavioral health benefits may include coverage for alcohol or drug addiction treatment.1 The level of coverage varies for different types of Humana Health insurance plans. Most Humana plans, including Medicaid and Medicare plans, provide a certain level of outpatient and inpatient treatment for substance abuse and mental health, though coverage varies based on the individual plan.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires that all insurance companies provide coverage for alcohol and drug treatment. The ACA requires all health insurance plans cover behavioral health treatment, mental health inpatient services, and substance use disorder (SUD) treatment.2
Check Your Humana Rehab Coverage
Before choosing the right rehab treatment center for you, check your Humana policy benefits to determine which costs will be covered by your insurance company and which will be out-of-pocket for you. Call the number on the back of your insurance card or log in to your account on Humana’s website to learn more about what your specific policy plan covers.
Knowing exactly what your Humana plan covers can give you peace of mind while you or your loved one is in rehab. You can do the work of getting and staying sober without worrying about unexpected costs or financial struggles. For more information on Humana insurance plans and to check what your plan covers, call , click here, or fill out the form below.
How Much of The Rehab Treatment Cost Will Humana Cover?
The cost of your treatment, and how much you are responsible for covering, depends on the state you live in, the treatment you need, the insurance plan you have, and whether you choose an in-network or out-of-network program. Regardless of the facility or your insurance policy, you will most likely have to cover some of the costs.
The amount of coverage you have can vary widely based on your state of residence, whether the facility is in- or out-of-network, the length of your stay, and your insurance plan level. The cost of drug and alcohol addiction treatment will vary from person to person and will also depend on the rehab center, the type of program attended, and specific services received.
What Rehab Centers Take Humana Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Humana insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Humana for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and telehealth.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Humana insurance.
What Are Humana Plans and Coverage Levels?
Depending on your insurance plan, treatment may be available in different states at facilities that accept Humana. Humana requires that you pay a specific amount of out-of-pocket expenses towards your health care costs every year before it starts paying for your medical bills. Talk to Humana about your costs for rehab if you have an individual policy. If you have group insurance through your employer, the company may cover your treatment.
Humana Medicare and Medicaid Rehab Treatment Coverage
For those who have insurance through Medicare, Humana has various Medicare coverage plans that provide insurance to more than 8 million Medicare recipients in the country.5
Individuals with Medicaid can obtain Humana Medicaid managed care plans in Illinois, Kentucky, and Florida. In addition, military service members can receive coverage through Humana Military, which has partnered with the Department of Defense to provide TRICARE healthcare for military members, retirees, and their families.6
Insurance Providers and Rehab Treatment Coverage Levels
(Please note: Rehabs.com strives to provide you with the most updated information on each carriers’ addiction insurance coverage but policy changes and errors do occur. Please check with your insurance carrier directly to confirm coverage levels. Rehabs.com is an informational site only and is not affiliated or sponsored by Humana.)