Kaiser Permanente Insurance for Addiction Treatment
Looking for treatment for drug or alcohol abuse can be overwhelming. One of the pressing questions people have about addiction rehab is if their insurance will cover it. Do Kaiser Permanente health plans cover drug and alcohol addiction treatment? Yes, Kaiser plans typically cover at least a portion of drug and alcohol detox and rehab.
When you’re searching for an addiction treatment program or a facility, make sure you ask if they accept your insurance plan. Although your insurance plan may not fully cover drug or alcohol addiction treatment, or may not cover every aspect of treatment, most insurance plans cover at least something. If you’d like more information about the details of your plan, make sure to call Kaiser Permanente.
American Addiction Centers (AAC) strives to provide you with the most updated information on each carriers’ addiction insurance coverage, but policy changes and errors do occur. Please check with your insurance carrier directly to confirm coverage levels.
Does Kaiser Permanente Cover Addiction Treatment?
All Kaiser Permanente health plans provide addiction treatment coverage in some way because substance use disorder (SUD) and mental health services are one of 10 essential health benefits that any plan sold in the marketplace must cover.1
Coverage may vary between Kaiser Permanente plans. In general, treatment for alcohol and drug rehab may be delivered at a variety of levels, such as outpatient, intensive outpatient, and inpatient.2 The plan you have will dictate the level of coverage you have, meaning how much you will be responsible for paying in out-of-pocket costs such as co-pays and deductibles.
Always check to make sure the program or provider that you are considering accepts your Kaiser Permanente plan.
How to Check Your Insurance Benefits
It’s always best to be sure about what your healthcare benefits entail. You don’t want to be caught by surprise with unexpected financial costs. You may wonder if Kaiser Permanente covers alcohol and drug rehab, and the only way to really have the answer is to check your Kaiser health plan coverage.
Knowing exactly what Kaiser Permanente plans cover alcohol and drug addiction treatment can give you peace of mind while you or your loved one is in rehab. You can do the work of getting and staying sober without worrying about unexpected costs or financial struggles. For more information on Kaiser Permanente plans and to check what your plan covers, call , click here, or fill out the form below.
- Drug & Alcohol Rehab Hotline
- Inpatient Rehab Centers
- Best Rehab Centers
- Luxury Centers Rehab
- Couples Rehab Centers
- Dual Diagnosis Rehabs
- Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
- Rehab Insurance Coverage
- 90 Day Rehab Program
- Long Term Rehab Centers
- Sober Living Near Me
- Suboxone Treatment Centers
- U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. (n.d.). What Marketplace health insurance plans cover.
- Medicare.gov. (2017). Medicaid Innovation Accelerator Program: Overview of Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Care Clinical Guidelines: A Resource for States Developing SUD Delivery System Reforms.
- Kaiser Permanente. (n.d.). Traditional or deductible plans.
- Kaiser Permanente. (n.d.). Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans.
- Kaiser Permanente. (n.d.). Consumer-Directed Health Plans.
- Kaiser Permanente. (n.d.). View Plans.
- Kaiser Permanente. (n.d.). Medicare Health Plans.
- Medicare. (n.d.). Medicare Home Page.
- Kaiser Permanente. (2020). Medicare Health Plans & Rates for 2020.