Private Addiction Treatment Centers Near You
If you recognize that you have a problem with drug or alcohol misuse, you may be considering the next steps to find help. There are numerous treatments, and for those seeking the support of inpatient addiction treatment, a private rehabilitation center can be a good choice because they allow you to focus on recovery in a therapeutic environment. This article will help you understand what private rehab centers are, how they differ from public programs, the benefits of private rehab, cost considerations, and how to find a private rehab.
What Is a Private Rehab Center?
Private rehab centers are privately funded live-in facilities with 24-hour care for addiction recovery. Private rehab facilities get their financial resources from admission fees of attendees rather than government funding. Because of this, many private rehabs have more available funds to spend on treatment and can offer a wider range of therapy within a peaceful space. During the difficult time of early recovery in a drug and alcohol rehab, the supportive environment provided by private live-in rehab centers can be advantageous.
What’s the Difference Between Private and Public Rehabs?
The main difference between private and public rehabs is where funding comes from. Unlike privately funded rehabs, which get money through insurance payments or private pay, public rehabs are financed through government resources. This usually consists of federal grants, state funds, or reimbursements from Medicaid.1
The limited funds available to public rehabs through these sources also limit how the services can be provided. Some programs are only available to residents of a given state, and some limit available beds for non-Medicaid participants. Private rehabs, by contrast, do not have these particular limits. Private rehabs also tend to have more money available for staffing, space, and varieties of therapeutic services.
One of the biggest struggles in general for public rehabs is the lack of beds in comparison to the volume of people needing help. People looking for addiction help are vulnerable, and not being able to get into a program presents a significant barrier to recovery.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse’s Principles of Effective Treatment, one of the most important characteristics of treatment is that it must be readily available.2 Finding a public rehab that meets this description can be difficult, and difficulty getting help is not conducive to successful early recovery.
Benefits of a Private Drug & Alcohol Rehab Center
The following are favorable qualities of private rehab to think about when making your treatment choice:
- Most of the rehab centers in the United States are private rehabs.3 Focusing your treatment search on private rehabs can make it easier to connect with treatment because there is simply more to choose from.
- There is less likelihood of dealing with full beds and waiting lists at a private rehab.
- Compared to public facilities, private rehabs tend to offer a larger physical space in a less crowded area to pursue recovery.
- Private rehab centers have more resources for staffing and for developing programs incorporating a variety of treatment approaches.
Along with ready access to help, people seeking recovery benefit from individualized care and treatment plans with frequent reviews and updates.2 The more extensive financial resources of private rehab centers empower these facilities to provide more personalized recovery planning and more one-on-one attention. If you are looking for addiction help, these are important things to consider.
How Much Does It Cost to Attend a Private Addiction Treatment Facility?
The cost of private rehab can range depending on the situation. Private rehab facilities may be more expensive than public facilities. Some factors that impact private rehab treatment costs include:
- The length of the program.
- Where the facility is located.
- The types of treatment offered.
- Health insurance coverage.
When comparing the costs of treatment options, it may be helpful to also measure the benefits of a good program against the costs of active addiction. Substance misuse can have devastating consequences to health, legal status, and social functioning, all of which have an associated financial burden.4 A honest comparison may lead you to conclude that treatment costs less.
How to Choose a Private Drug & Alcohol Rehab
When it comes to finding private rehabs near me, Below are some tips and resources for conducting a private drug rehab search:
- If you have health insurance coverage, the insurance company can provide a listing of the facilities they cover.
- When making comparisons between private rehab choices, take the time to research each one to make sure their services match your needs. Facilities should have websites with adequate information, and you can sometimes find independent reviews on the web.
- Within the larger category of private rehabs, there are more specified options that can be searched for. Luxury drug and alcohol rehab centers provide extended amenities and varied therapy approaches. Mental health and drug abuse treatment centers address the needs of people with dual diagnoses (mental health issues combined with substance misuse). You can also search for private rehab programs designed for LGBTQ+ substance abuse treatment. Some private rehabs also contain a private medical detox centers, which is important to note if you are at risk of withdrawal.
Does Insurance Cover Treatment at a Private Rehab Facility?
For those with insurance, at least some of the cost of treatment at a private rehab facility may be covered, with the amount depending on your individual insurance plan. If you have health insurance and are interested in a private rehab, it is worthwhile to look into what out-of-pocket costs your plan can cover. The Affordable Care Act significantly expanded coverage for mental health and substance treatment overall, and all Health Marketplace plans cover addiction care as an essential health benefit.5 Some private rehab programs offer sliding scales or payment plans for people with financial trouble.
American Addiction Centers (AAC) can help people recover from substance use disorders (SUDs). If you would like more information about addiction treatment options available in your area, contact AAC’s helpful admissions navigators at for a free, private consultation today.
To find out your health insurance coverage for rehab for you or your loved one at an AAC facility, you can verify your insurance coverage here or fill out the form below. Your information is kept 100% confidential and there is zero obligation to enter treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
American Addiction Centers (AAC) is committed to delivering original, truthful, accurate, unbiased, and medically current information. We strive to create content that is clear, concise, and easy to understand.
While we are unable to respond to your feedback directly, we'll use this information to improve our online help.