Meritain Health Plans for Addiction Treatment
Understanding how to access Meritain Health plans for addiction treatment is critical for your recovery. This article will prepare you to make the journey to a sober life by showing you how to understand and access your addiction healthcare coverage information.
American Addiction Centers (AAC) strives to provide you with the most updated information on each carriers’ addiction insurance coverage, but policy changes and errors do occur. Please check with your insurance carrier directly to confirm coverage levels.
Does Meritain Health Cover Addiction Treatment?
You may be wondering—does Meritain Health cover drug rehab? Every health plan through Meritain varies depending on the specifics of your coverage, but you can count on some type of rehab treatment. There may be certain aspects of treatment that are not covered, but most Meritain plans have some level of rehab coverage.
Substance abuse rehab falls under mental/behavioral healthcare.1 Your eligible dependents will be able to access healthcare as well. This includes: 1
- Your spouse.
- A domestic partner living in your home.
- Your children, biological or adopted.
- Children who are in your custody, preparing for adoption.
- Children for whom you have legal guardianship.
Meritain Health for rehab provides inpatient and outpatient treatment.1 These services may include:
- Residential inpatient treatment.
- Intensive outpatient care.
- Partial hospitalization treatment.
- Outpatient treatment.
You can check with Meritain Health for more specific details about coverage.
How to Check Your Insurance Benefits
There are several ways to verify your addiction rehab coverage. One way is to contact Meritain directly. This 24-hour automated phone system will provide you with information about your plan, benefits, and claims. To speak directly to a representative, you can call the number on the back of your card. Benefit information is also available online. Log in to your account to view information about your claims, benefits, eligibility, and more.
Knowing exactly what Geisinger plans cover can give you peace of mind while you or your loved one is in rehab. You can do the work of getting and staying sober without worrying about unexpected costs or financial struggles. For more information on Geisinger plans and to check what your plan covers, call , click here, or fill out the form below.
What Are the Coverage Levels and Plans for Meritain Health?
Meritain Health is a third-party administrator (TPA). A TPA provides administrative services for another company, managing such things as claims processing and employee benefits management. Meritain is a subsidiary of Aetna.3
Coverage through Meritain Health gives you access to the Aetna Choice POS network and their many providers.4
What Different Types of Addiction Treatment Does Meritain Health Cover?
Meritain offers help with coverage for different addiction treatment programs. Some of these include:5
- Inpatient treatment program: This program is for people who need 24/7 monitoring. Participants will stay overnight for a varying amount of time.
- Outpatient treatment program: Outpatient programs vary in intensity. Some offer treatment for much of the day, while others will have you meet only once or twice a week.
- Detox: During detoxification, you may take medication to help manage withdrawal symptoms.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): A PHP is a step down from an inpatient program. You will be in treatment most of the time but go home at night.
Do Treatment Centers Need to Be In-Network?
In-network treatment providers have a contract with the insurance agencies, so they can secure a better price for services. It is advantageous to use in-network providers as these cost savings get passed on to the insured person.
Meritain is an independent subsidiary of Aetna Health, which has a large network of providers. With over 600,000 doctors and providers nationwide, you won’t have a problem finding a qualified rehab facility. 2
What Should I Do if Meritain Health Won’t Cover the Total Cost of Rehab?
Your Meritain Health plan’s addiction treatment coverage may pay for all of your rehab costs. However, there is a chance that some of it won’t be covered, and you will have a portion of out-of-pocket expenses. In that case, what can you do? There are other payment options to consider. Here are a few suggestions:
- Solicit help from friends and/or family.
- Take out a small personal loan.
- Ask the facility about a sliding-scale fee.
- Inquire about financial aid or scholarships.
- Work out a payment plan with the rehab.
It’s crucial to seek addiction treatment and not delay getting the help you need. Access your Meritain Health plan to see what type of coverage you have for substance addiction. You can verify your insurance now and get answers.
- Meritain Health. (2021). A Guide to Your Benefits and Enrollment.
- Meritain Health. (2021). For Members.
- Aetna. (2021). Aetna Subsidiaries.
- National General Benefits Solution. (2017). Benefits available with Meritain you third-party administration.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2014). Principles of Adolescent Substance Use Disorder Treatment: A Research-Based Guide.