Sierra Health and Life Insurance for Addiction Treatment
Finding addiction treatment coverage is critical if you are suffering from drug or alcohol abuse. The sooner you begin the journey to recovery, the more quickly you can start a brighter future. This article will assist you with accessing your Sierra Health and Life insurance for rehab.
American Addiction Centers (AAC) strives to provide you with the most updated information on each carriers’ addiction insurance coverage, but policy changes and errors do occur. Please check with your insurance carrier directly to confirm coverage levels.
Does Sierra Health and Life Cover Addiction Treatment?
Sierra Health for addiction treatment is covered under behavioral healthcare options (BHO).1 If you are dealing with drug or alcohol addiction problems, you can use your Sierra Health and Life coverage to seek treatment.
Some of the services you can expect to access under your Sierra Health mental health coverage are as follows:1
- Substance use services.
- Inpatient services.
- Outpatient services.
- 24/7 crisis intervention services.
- Educational tools and resources.
- Crisis stabilization.
Depending on your addiction needs, you may need more than one of these services. Your treatment team will assist you in knowing what addiction treatment is right for you.
How to Check Your Insurance Benefits?
Going to therapy or detox for addiction issues will put you on the path to greater well-being in life. However, if you’re not sure about your insurance benefits, you might feel stressed about taking this step. It’s helpful to know exactly what your Sierra Health and Life plan covers so you can have peace of mind. To find out exactly what is covered through your Sierra healthcare benefits, you can check your plan by calling , clicking here, or filling out the form below.
What Are the Coverage Levels and Plans for Sierra Health and Life?
Your Sierra Health and Life addiction treatment coverage benefits offers 2 different plan types. These are Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) and Health Savings Account (HSA) compatible PPO plans. These are similar and can be explained as follows:
- PPO plan: This plan allows you to access a wide range of medical and mental health solutions, and they will be covered as long as you use the network of providers. Treatment outside of the network is allowed but will be covered at a reduced rate.
- HSA PPO: This type of plan is similar to the PPO plan, except you are given a lower monthly premium in exchange for an annual deductible. Once you meet the deductible, the coverage will kick in.
What Different Types of Addiction Treatment Does Sierra Health Cover?
People who struggle with substance addiction have different needs and are at varying places on the journey to recovery. You might start out needing more intensive treatment services and then need something less extensive, such as outpatient therapy or aftercare services.
You can check with Sierra Health for specific details about what your plan covers, but here are the levels of treatment that you can expect in rehab:3
- Medical detox: During medical detox, you will be helped with uncomfortable or potentially dangerous withdrawal symptoms.
- Residential inpatient treatment: An inpatient treatment program requires you to stay at the facility overnight for a period of time that is determined by your personal history and needs. You’ll have access to medical staff and clinicians who will monitor your vitals and provide therapy.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): These programs provide intensive treatment for behavioral health issues without requiring an overnight stay. They typically offer more time in treatment than a standard outpatient program. You will stay at the facility for a good part of the week, receiving therapy and help.
- Outpatient therapy (including intensive outpatient program (IOP): Outpatient therapy varies in intensity and amount, again depending on your personal history and needs. It typically allows patients to go through treatment while living at home. It may also permit the patient to continue working or attending school while in treatment.
Do Treatment Centers Need to Be In-Network?
Sierra Health and Life offers a wide array of in-network providers. You can search the database to find an addiction treatment center that covers your rehab needs. You can consider rehab treatment centers that are out-of-network as well, but coverage for out-of-network rehab will likely be at a higher rate than if you stayed in-network.2
What Should I Do if Sierra Health and Life Won’t Cover the Total Cost of Rehab?
Sometimes health insurance won’t cover the entirety of rehab costs. There may be a deductible or copayment expenses. In this case, you do have other options. You can talk to your family and friends about a small loan to help defray costs.
Make sure you contact the rehab treatment center to find out if they offer financial aid, sliding scale fee, or can arrange a payment plan with you.
If you are unable to pay for these expenses, explore these pages for other options:
- How to pay for rehab with insurance.
- Treatment frequently asked questions.
- How much does rehab cost?
It’s critical to seek rehab treatment as soon as you can so that your problem doesn’t worsen. Now that you know how Sierra Health and Life coverage will assist with your rehab, you can take the first step to recovery. Verify your insurance details now.
- Sierra Health and Life. (2021). Mental health and substance use benefits.
- Sierra Health and Life. (2021). How to use your health plan.
- National Institutes of Health. (2018). Principles of drug addiction treatment: A research-based guide.