TriWest Healthcare Alliance Insurance Coverage for Drug & Alcohol Rehab Treatment
Discover how TriWest Healthcare Alliance health plans will help provide coverage for addiction treatment. This page will guide you through the steps to accessing your healthcare benefits and answer questions you may have about addiction treatment coverage.
TriWest Healthcare Alliance provides specialized services for veteran and military communities.1 Due to veterans’ high risk of substance abuse, TriWest Healthcare Alliance takes addiction issues very seriously.2
Does TriWest Healthcare Alliance Cover Addiction Treatment?
TriWest’s behavioral healthcare coverage provides treatment options for substance addiction. Because every person has varying levels of needs, a rehab therapist will help you determine what type of treatment is necessary for your situation.
The amount of coverage you have can vary widely based on your state of residence, whether the facility is in- or out-of-network, the length of your stay, and your insurance plan level. The cost of drug and alcohol addiction treatment will vary from person to person and will also depend on the rehab center, the type of program attended, and specific services received.
Veteran or military professionals have access to TriWest’s wide network of providers, which includes at least 700,000 healthcare professionals. 2 The main types of substance abuse treatment available through TriWest Healthcare Alliance include:3
- Outpatient treatment, including psychotherapy sessions.
- Medication management counseling.
- Inpatient treatment program.
- Residential treatment.
- Support group therapy.
Check Your TriWest Insurance Coverage
You will have better peace of mind as you begin your journey to sobriety if you know exactly what your TriWest Healthcare Alliance plan covers. You don’t want to be caught off guard by unexpected financial costs that could lead to future difficulties. To find out more about what rehablitation programs your TriWest insurance plan will cover, call , click here, or fill out the form below.
Rehab Centers That Take TriWest Healthcare Alliance Insurance
TriWest has a large provider network with more than 700,000 healthcare professionals nationwide who meet the VA requirements for quality care and standards.11 TriWest serves the in-network providers for CCN Regions 4 and 5.11 If you live in these regions, you have a range of healthcare professionals to serve you.
You may also be able to receive drug and alcohol addiction treatment outside of the network, but you may be responsible for added service fees. Check with your provider to ensure you make the right choice. [/accordion]
What Different Types of Addiction Treatment Does TriWest Cover?
When seeking addiction treatment, you may wonder—does TriWest Healthcare Alliance cover drug rehab? The answer is yes. The Alliance is sensitive to veteran needs and provides coverage for a variety of addiction treatment services.
The specific treatments you may require will depend on the severity of your addiction. The main types of treatment for addiction include:10
- Detox services: In some cases, you may need assistance when detoxing from drugs and alcohol, which can potentially be uncomfortable, painful, or even life threatening. Medical detox helps you safely withdrawal from drugs and alcohol, as you’ll receive around-the-clock medical supervision. You might also be given medications to help minimize withdrawal symptoms.
- Inpatient or residential care: Inpatient/residential live-in treatment centers provide drug and alcohol rehab while you live onsite at the facility. Most inpatient programs last anywhere from 15–90 days, depending on the program you’re in and your individual needs.
- Partial hospitalization (PHP): Partial hospitalization programs give you the opportunity to live at home while attending treatment during the day.
- Intensive outpatient: Intensive outpatient programs involve attending treatment programs a few evenings a week. In an intensive outpatient program, you can live at home and even go to work during the day.
- Outpatient treatment: Individuals who have completed inpatient treatment often attend outpatient treatment for ongoing support on their journey to sobriety. You live at home and spend 10–12 hours a week at the treatment facility for therapy and support.
American Addiction Centers (AAC) strives to provide you with the most updated information on each carriers’ addiction insurance coverage, but policy changes and errors do occur. Please check with your insurance carrier directly to confirm coverage levels.