Magellan Insurance Coverage for Drug & Alcohol Rehab
“It is usually necessary to get the detox and treatment approved before entering into any program…”If you have a health insurance plan from Magellan Health Services that includes Magellan LifeResources, you should be covered for most types of substance abuse treatment programs, including any necessary detoxification period.
However, it is usually necessary to get the detox and treatment approved before entering into any program, or else you risk having your coverage denied.
Does Magellan Health Services Drug and Alcohol Cover Rehab?
Any Magellan Health Services plan that includes LifeResources coverage will pay for at least part of any drug or alcohol rehabilitation program that has been deemed necessary by its Employee Assistance Program. Therefore, the first step is to contact one of these counselors and receive a treatment referral.
The amount of coverage you have can vary widely based on your state of residence, whether the facility is in- or out-of-network, the length of your stay, and your insurance plan level. The cost of drug and alcohol addiction treatment will vary from person to person and will also depend on the rehab center, the type of program attended, and specific services received.
What Rehab Centers Take Magellan Health Services Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Magellan Health Services insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Magellan Health Services for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and telehealth.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near you that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Magellan Health Services insurance.
You can also check on which rehab centers accept your Magellan Health Serices insurance by filling out the form below.
Addiction Treatment Length Magellan Health Services Will Cover
The duration or length of addiction treatment covered under Magellan Health Services insurance plans depends on the type of treatment deemed necessary after a person undergoes confidential, private counseling and receives a referral for discreet treatment. The length covered is as follows:
- Up to two 28-day treatments per year at an inpatient facility
- Coverage all costs up to $3,500 per year for outpatient facilities
Insurance Providers and Rehab Treatment Coverage Levels
- Aetna Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- AmeriHealth Coverage
- APS Healthcare
- Assurant Health
- Beacon Health Options
- Behavioral Healthcare Options
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Community Health Choice
- Cooks Children’s Health
- Coventry Insurance
- Emblem Health
- Exclusive Care
- First Care
- First Health Network
- Geisinger Health Plan
- GEHA Health
- Great West Insurance
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- HCSC Insurance
- Health Net
- HMO Insurance
- Kaiser Permanente
- Magellan Insurance
- Medical Mutual
- Meritain Health
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- Providence Health & Services
- Sierra Health and Life
- Tufts Health Plan
- UPMC Health Plan
- Veterans Affairs (VA) Insurance