First Health Network Insurance Coverage for Drug & Alcohol Rehab Treatment
First Health Network is an indirectly, wholly-owned subsidiary of Aetna that operates nationwide and provides its members with health insurance plans. Those struggling with drug or alcohol addiction — medically known as substance use disorder (SUD) — may be able to take advantage of their First Health Network plans to cover some or all of the cost of treatment. Understanding what First Health network is and what benefits it provides can help you begin your journey to recovery.
Does First Health Network Cover Addiction Treatment?
First Health Network does cover addiction treatment services, since these services may fall under the category of services that are needed for the health of a patient. As a result, First Health Network may provide at least some coverage for drug and alcohol addiction treatment, but the amount of coverage may vary based on if the facility is in- or out-of-network, the length of stay, the treatment required and your insurance plan level.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires that insurance companies provide some degree of coverage for medically-necessary mental health treatment, which includes substance use disorder (SUD) treatment (including coverage for drug and alcohol addiction), so First Health Network does cover addiction treatment.2 First Health Network insurance may cover a part of the cost of a rehab program, if not all of it.
The amount of coverage you have can vary widely based on your state of residence, whether the facility is in- or out-of-network, the length of your stay, and your insurance plan level. The cost of drug and alcohol addiction treatment will vary from person to person and will also depend on the rehab center, the type of program attended, and specific services received.
Check If Your Insurance Covers Rehab Treatment
It’s always best to be sure about what your healthcare benefits entail. You don’t want to be caught by surprise with unexpected financial costs. You may wonder if First Health Network covers drug and alcohol rehab, and the only way to really have the answer is to check your First Health Network health plan coverage.
Knowing exactly what First Health Network plans cover can give you peace of mind while you or your loved one is in rehab. You can do the work of getting and staying sober without worrying about unexpected costs or financial struggles. You can check your First Health Network coverage by calling , click here, or fill out the form below.
What Rehab Centers Take First Health Network Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a First Health Network insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept First Health Network for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and telehealth.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by First Health Network insurance.
What Different Types of Rehab Programs Does First Health Network Cover?
Getting the proper addiction treatment is essential for your recovery effort. The type of treatment plan you need will depend on the severity of your addiction and where you are in the journey to well-being. You might start out at one level of treatment and work way to another level, then continue until you don’t need treatment.
Some of the treatment programs you can expect to be covered through First Health Network include:3,4
- Detox services: In some cases, you may need assistance when detoxing from drugs and alcohol, which can potentially be uncomfortable, painful, or even life threatening. Medical detox helps you safely withdrawal from drugs and alcohol, as you’ll receive around-the-clock medical supervision. You might also be given medications to help minimize withdrawal symptoms.
- Inpatient or residential care: Inpatient/residential live-in treatment centers provide drug and alcohol rehab while you live onsite at the facility. Most inpatient programs last anywhere from 15–90 days, depending on the program you’re in and your individual needs.
- Partial hospitalization (PHP): Partial hospitalization programs give you the opportunity to live at home while attending treatment during the day.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): Intensive outpatient programs involve attending treatment programs a few evenings a week. In an intensive outpatient program, you can live at home and even go to work during the day.
- Outpatient treatment: Individuals who have completed inpatient treatment often attend outpatient treatment for ongoing support on their journey to sobriety. You live at home and spend 10–12 hours a week at the treatment facility for therapy and support.
Insurance Providers and Rehab Treatment Coverage Levels
rehabs.com strives to provide you with the most updated information on each carriers’ addiction insurance coverage, but policy changes and errors do occur. Please check with your insurance carrier directly to confirm coverage levels.