Tufts Health Plan Insurance Coverage for Drug & Alcohol Rehab
Choosing to get help and live a chemical-free life is a courageous step. The best thing about it is that you don’t have to do it alone. Many people wonder if their health insurance coverage can help with their recovery. Specifically, does Tufts Health Plan cover drug or alcohol rehab?
The good news is that your healthcare coverage will have some benefits for addiction treatment and mental health. When the Affordable Care Act (ACA) was passed, it defined addiction and mental health coverage as essential benefits. This means that every long-term health plan must include at least some coverage for these programs.1 Knowing how to use your Tufts health plan for addiction treatment is an essential part of getting the help you need. This page aims to help you understand your healthcare benefits and how they apply to substance abuse rehabilitation programs.
Does Tufts Health Plan Cover Addiction Treatment?
What kind of addiction treatment coverage can you get from your Tufts health plan? Tufts has partnered with Spectrum Health Systems to administer their substance use disorder (SUD) care.2 The plan specialists are available to help you find the treatment you need and encourage you to choose a treatment program near where you live. The coverage includes office visits, medications, detox services and treatment programs.
How much coverage you receive from your Tufts health plan for rehab will depend on the specific insurance plan you have. Some options will include benefits both in-network and out-of-network, while others require you to stay within the Tufts network of providers.
The amount of coverage you have can vary widely based on your state of residence, whether the facility is in- or out-of-network, the length of your stay, and your insurance plan level. The cost of drug and alcohol addiction treatment will vary from person to person and will also depend on the rehab center, the type of program attended, and specific services received.
Check Your Tufts Health Plan Rehab Coverage
Knowing exactly what your benefits are when it comes to your Tufts Health Plan mental health coverage is a vital part of getting the care you need. Fortunately, it’s easy to find out what your health insurance will cover. You can check your insurance benefits by logging in to your online Tufts Health Plan account. Through your account, you can review your insurance plan, check benefits, make payments, and more.4
You can also call Tufts directly using the telephone number on your ID card, or by looking up the appropriate phone number depending on your plan type.5 To get direct information about treatment options, you can also call Spectrum Health Systems and let them know you have a Tufts Health Plan.
Knowing your Tufts treatment coverage can give you peace of mind while you or your loved one is in rehab. You can do the work of getting and staying sober without worrying about unexpected costs or financial struggles. For more information on Tufts plans and to check what your plan covers, call , click here, or fill out the form below.
What Rehab Centers Take Tufts Health Plan Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Tufts Health Plan insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Tufts Health Plan insurance drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and telehealth.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Tufts Health Plan insurance.
What Different Types of Addiction Treatment Does Tufts Cover?
Tufts’ health plans offer coverage for a wide range of addiction treatment options. They use an evaluation by a behavioral health specialist to determine which type of treatment makes the most sense for your situation. Options include inpatient, residential, medication-assisted, and outpatient treatment plans.9
- Inpatient treatment may include detox and may transition to a residential treatment setting where you live at the treatment facility. You’ll receive intensive individual and group counseling and learn coping strategies to manage life without abusing substances.
- Outpatient treatment allows you to live at home but spend several hours a week at the treatment facility. This may allow you to continue to work or go to school while attending treatment.
- Partial hospitalization programs allow you to spend 4-6 hours a day at the treatment facility, 5 days a week, and go home at night. These programs are more intensive than outpatient treatment but less disruptive than living at a facility.
Recommended Rehab Treatment Articles
- Drug & Alcohol Rehab Hotline
- Inpatient Rehab Centers
- Best Rehab Centers
- Luxury Centers Rehab
- Couples Rehab Centers
- Dual Diagnosis Rehabs
- Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
- Rehab Treatment Insurnace
- Rehab Insurance Coverage
- 90 Day Rehab Program
- Long Term Rehab Centers
- Sober Living Near Me
American Addiction Centers (AAC) strives to provide you with the most updated information on each carriers’ addiction insurance coverage, but policy changes and errors do occur. Please check with your insurance carrier directly to confirm coverage levels.