Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan: Detox & Rehab Centers in TX That Take Ambetter
Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan is available through the Health Insurance Marketplace and provides coverage to 1.5 million Texas residents across the state.1 If you’re an Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan member struggling with drug or alcohol use, your insurance plan may be able to help cover the cost of substance use disorder (SUD) treatment. This page will help you understand what your insurance plan may cover and how to check your coverage for care in Texas or out of state.
In 2020, there were 2,116 overdose deaths involving opioids in Texas, accounting for more than 50% of all drug overdoses statewide.2 Meanwhile, nearly 5% of Texans reported having a past-year alcohol use disorder while more than 2% of Texans reported having a past-year illicit drug use disorder.2
If you’re a Texas resident struggling with addiction, you’re not alone. Deciding to seek treatment for drug or alcohol use is a brave first step on the path to recovery. The good news is, help is available and addiction treatment may be partially, if not fully, covered by Ambetter from Super HealthPlan.
What Is Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan?
Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan is a Health Insurance Marketplace product that focuses on delivering high-quality healthcare to Texas residents in 138 counties.1 Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan is a subsidiary of Centene Corporation, a multinational corporation offering health solutions.3 There are a wide range of benefits available, from healthcare management programs and telehealth to a 24/7 nurse advice line.4
Does Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan Cover Rehab Treatment?
Yes, although coverage varies, Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan may be able to provide full or partial coverage for rehab and other addiction treatment in Texas and out of state.
Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan offers long-term health insurance plans on the Texas Health Insurance Marketplace, so the company must abide by the requirements of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).5 The ACA requires that all long-term health insurance plans cover 10 essential health benefits, including substance use disorder (SUD) treatment.5 This means you can rely on Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan to cover at least some of the cost of rehab treatment within the Ambetter network, whether the facility is in Texas or elsewhere.
The amount of coverage you’ll get and the out-of-pocket costs you’ll be responsible for will depend on your specific plan. However, all plans cover essential health benefits including:6
- Emergency services.
- Various therapy services.
- Outpatient or ambulatory services.
- Preventive and wellness services.
- Prescription drugs.
- Maternity and newborn care.
- Laboratory services.
- Pediatric services.
- Mental health and substance use services.
To know the exact coverage you’ll receive, you can call the phone number on the back of your insurance card and speak with a representative.
You can also contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) by to verify your insurance. AAC has several treatment facilities that are in-network with Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan. Our admission navigators are always available to answer questions about treatment, the rehab process, how to use your insurance, and more.
What Substance Addiction Does Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan Cover?
If you’re struggling with substance use, you can use your Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan insurance to cover some, if not all, of the cost of addiction treatment for commonly misused substances such as:7
- Crystal meth.
- Prescription drugs.
What Types of Addiction Treatment Does Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan Cover?
Recovery looks different for everyone, and there is no one-size-fits-all approach to addiction treatment. Your doctor will determine what continuum of care is right for you based on factors such as the substance you use, how long you’ve been using them, and any environmental triggers you may face.
Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan may be able to cover at least some of the cost of medically necessary addiction treatment, including:8, 9
- Detox programs: Although not everyone will need detox, it’s an important component for some patients. During the detox process, the body rids itself of substances. The detox process can cause uncomfortable and potentially fatal side effects, so it’s often managed with medications administered by a physician.
- Inpatient treatment programs: With inpatient programs, patients reside at the facility for days, weeks, months, or longer. Patients partake in various therapeutic approaches (e.g., cognitive-behavioral therapy) to examine destructive beliefs, patterns, and self-concepts.
- Outpatient treatment programs: After an inpatient program or if a patient has a less severe substance use disorder, an outpatient program may be a good fit. Outpatient programs allow patients to live at home and attend treatment during the day to work through their emotions and reinforce the habits necessary for a happier, healthier life.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): An IOP allows patients to receive more specialized care while still living at home. An IOP may be a good choice for patients who can live at home without using substances but require additional assistance in overcoming their addiction. Patients attend therapy sessions for several hours each week.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): A PHP is similar to an inpatient program in that it involves full-time, intensive treatment. Patients spend the evenings at home and attend treatment 5 or more days per week, up to 6 hours per day.
- Aftercare: Aftercare programs involve any type of ongoing treatment, such as 12-step meetings like A.A. and N.A. When patients complete an inpatient or outpatient program, an aftercare program can help them sustain their recovery.
Does Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan Cover Mental Health & Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
Yes, per the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan may be able to provide full or partial coverage for mental health and dual diagnosis treatment in Texas and out of state.
If you struggle with a mental health disorder (e.g., anxiety, depression) and substance use disorder (SUD), you’re not alone. When a mental health disorder and SUD occur at the same time, it’s known as a dual diagnosis. Studies show that around 50% of those who struggle with mental illness also have SUD.10
It’s important to treat co-occurring disorders together. Research suggests that integrated treatment has a far better outcome than treating only one or the other, and there are well-established treatment programs that professionals use for those with a dual diagnosis.11
How Long Does Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan offers a variety of health plans, and your level of coverage and the length of time your program will be covered depends on your specific plan. You can call the number on the back of your insurance card to speak to an Ambetter representative who can walk you through your coverage.
Keep in mind that recovery looks different for everyone and there’s no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to treatment. The continuum of care that’s right for you will be determined by your doctor after reviewing your history and needs. However, studies show that most people who misuse substances need at least 3 months of treatment to significantly change or stop using substances.12 The best long-term outcomes come with the longer treatment programs.12
What’s the Difference Between In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Drug Rehab Centers?
One of the important things to consider when evaluating drug rehab centers is whether the program is within the Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan provider network. Every health insurance plan has a network of providers that are contracted to provide care to members at a specific price.13
If a rehab program or other medical provider isn’t in the network, you might not get any coverage from your insurance plan, which means you pay the full cost yourself.13 Even if you do receive coverage, you’ll pay much higher out-of-pocket costs.13
What If Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan Doesn’t Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
If you’re interested in a treatment program that isn’t covered by Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan, or if you find that only part of the cost will be covered, it’s important you do not give up on treatment. You have several options to help pay for the cost of rehab including:
- Sliding scales.
How to Check Your Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan Coverage for Rehab
Finding a treatment facility can feel overwhelming, but knowing ahead of time what your Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan insurance will cover can give you peace of mind. You can check your coverage at an American Addiction Centers rehab facility in Texas or out of state in 2 easy ways:
- Contact an admissions navigator at if you aren’t ready to talk. You’ll be able to share your story and get helpful information on treatment.
- Fill out the short form below to check your insurance coverage now.
Which Rehab Centers Take Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) is an in-network provider with Ambetter. This means that Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan members may be able to use their insurance to provide partial or full coverage for treatment at an AAC facility in Texas or out of state. AAC has treatment centers across the U.S., including the following that accept Ambetter:
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Desert Hope is a residential treatment center in Las Vegas, Nevada, that specializes in treating co-occurring disorders. There’s also a specialized first-responder and veteran therapy program.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Greenhouse Treatment Center has 2 locations: 1 in Dallas and 1 in Arlington. Detox, residential care, outpatient treatment, and aftercare are all available, as well as an LGBTQ treatment program.
- Oxford Treatment Center: With 2 Mississippi locations, this treatment center offers high-quality addiction treatment in a serene environment. Oxford offers several amenities including an equestrian center, fitness center, walking trails, and more.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: River Oaks is located near Tampa, Florida, provides evidence-based treatment that promotes emotional, spiritual, and physical rehabilitation.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Recovery First is in Hollywood, Florida, and offers several options for care including detox, inpatient programs, aftercare, and more.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: River Oaks is just outside of Tampa, Florida, and offers personalized treatment for addiction and co-occurring mental health issues.
Addiction is complex and can affect every part of your life. If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, it’s important to seek treatment. American Addiction Centers is committed to helping break the cycle of addiction. Our team of admissions navigators are available at and can help you find the right treatment program for your unique needs and help you with the admissions process once you’re ready.