Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Nevada: Rehab & Detox Centers in NV That Take Anthem
Nevada is a beautiful mountainous state located in the western region of the United States. Home to over 3 million residents, most Nevada citizens live in urban areas.1,2 Nevada’s largest city, Las Vegas, is a tourism hot spot best known for its entertainment and nightlife.2
Many people residing in Nevada struggle with substance use disorder (addiction to drugs and/or alcohol). Nearly 30,000 Nevadans (1.2% of the population) have an opioid use disorder (OUD), and 4.8% of Nevadans reported using illicit drugs in the past year.3 Over 6% of individuals residing in Nevada have an alcohol use disorder (AUD).3,
These numbers are alarming, but help is available. However, many people worry that rehab is too expensive. If you live in Nevada and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nevada (Anthem BCBS Nevada) is your health insurance provider, at least some of the costs of drug and alcohol addiction treatment may be covered by your health insurance plan. This includes detox, inpatient rehab, outpatient rehab, and long-term residential treatment programs.5
How to Check My Anthem Coverage for Rehab in California
Finding a treatment facility can feel overwhelming but knowing in advance what your Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance will cover can give you peace of mind. The good news is, checking your coverage is easy. To learn about your specific coverage, contact one of our admissions navigators at , click here, or fill out the form below.
What is Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Nevada?
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nevada is a health insurance company that provides coverage of healthcare services for over 600,000 Nevadans.6
In 2004, WellPoint Health Networks Inc. merged with Anthem, Inc. to create the largest health benefits company in the nation.7 Anthem BCBS Nevada provides a wide range of life and disability insurance benefits, including dental, vision, and behavioral health benefits.7
Today, Anthem, Inc. is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, a nationwide federation of 35 independent and locally run health insurance companies.7,8 Anthem BCBS’s mission is “improving lives and communities. Simplifying Healthcare. Expecting more.”9 Their values of leadership, community, integrity, agility, and diversity reflect the company’s vision to be the most innovative, valuable, and inclusive health insurance partner.9
Does Anthem Cover Rehab Treatment in Nevada?
Anthem BCBS Nevada provides coverage for a variety of addiction treatments, including inpatient and outpatient rehab.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is a law that states all health insurance companies must offer at least partial coverage for substance use disorder treatments.10 Under the law, substance use disorder (SUD) and other mental health disorder treatments are essential health benefits.10
The amount of coverage your Anthem BCBS Nevada plan provides depends on the specific plan you have. Some plans will have higher deductibles and copays than others. Understanding exactly what your plan covers can help you prepare ahead of time for any out-of-pocket expenses you may incur while in rehab.
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthcare Solutions offer integrated physical and behavioral health services to all members.11 A wide range of interventions and enhanced access to care are provided for members to ensure improved quality of life and outcomes for members. Anthem BCBS will work collaboratively with your care providers (including the rehab facility) to meet your needs when it comes to your substance use and mental health disorders.11
If you are looking for a treatment facility that is close to home, American Addiction Center’s Desert Hope Treatment Center is a local substance use rehab facility that accepts Anthem BCBS insurance.
Have questions about Desert Hope Treatment Center or your insurance coverage for any AAC rehab facilities? Call us at to speak with an admissions navigator. We’ll verify your insurance coverage, answer your questions, and give you more detailed information about what you can expect in rehab.
What Substance Addiction Does Rehab Treatment Cover?
In 2008, the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) was passed.12 This law requires health insurers to provide the same level of benefits for mental health and substance use treatments and services that they provide for medical and surgical care.12
While insurance coverage for addiction treatment varies depending on your plan, your Anthem BCBS Nevada plan may cover at least some of the cost of addiction treatment for many substances such as alcohol, marijuana, opioids, heroin, cocaine, crystal meth, and prescription drugs.
What Rehab Programs does Anthem BCBS Nevada Cover?
There is a wide menu of addiction treatment programs in Nevada available to those who need it. The type of addiction treatment you receive will be individualized to ensure you get the exact treatment you need. Factors that may influence the type of treatment that is best for you include the substances you are using, how long you have been using, and whether or not you have any other mental health conditions.
Addiction treatments that may be covered by your Anthem BCBS Nevada plan include:5,
- Medication-assisted detoxification. This is evidence-based treatment that uses prescription medications to help you safely and comfortably withdraw from drugs and alcohol. This is the first step of treatment and prepares you to transition to the next phase, such as inpatient or outpatient rehab.
- Inpatient/residential. Treatment is provided in a residential inpatient Individual and group therapy are integral parts of inpatient rehab, along with learning the root of addiction and healthy coping mechanisms to support your ongoing sobriety.
- Partial hospitalization (PHP). Similar in structure to inpatient programs, partial hospitalization programs allow you to live at home while in treatment. You will attend treatment approximately 5 days per week, for 4-6 hours a day.
- Intensive outpatient (IOP). Treatment takes place in a facility (e.g., rehab facility, hospital) where you will attend treatment several days a week for 3-4 hours a day. You can live at home while attending an IOP.
- Outpatient. The structure and time commitment of outpatient programs vary, but all allow you to live at home. Many hold treatment programs in the evenings, giving you the opportunity to attend to work and family responsibilities in the daytime hours.
- Ongoing support is provided to those who have completed a treatment program, such as inpatient or outpatient rehab. This transitional care helps provide support and structure to help prevent relapse and support long-term recovery.
Does Anthem in NV Cover Mental Health & Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
If you are living with an SUD and another mental health condition, such as anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), you are not alone. Nearly half of individuals with SUDs also have a co-occurring mental health disorder, also known as a dual diagnosis.13
If you have a dual diagnosis, it is better to treat both conditions together rather than separately. This is because studies show that people with a mental health disorder may use substances like drugs and alcohol as a form of self-medication.13
If you or a loved one have a dual diagnosis, your Anthem BCBS Nevada plan should cover some, if not all, of your treatments for mental health and dual diagnosis treatments as mandated by the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act.12
Many rehab facilities in Nevada offer treatment for individuals with a dual diagnosis. These facilities use an integrated, comprehensive approach to properly address and treat both conditions.
Which Rehab Centers In Nevada Take Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance?
As an Anthem BCBS Nevada member, you have access to a vast network of healthcare providers in Nevada and throughout the United States, including rehab centers.
American Addiction Centers is a renowned industry leader in addiction treatment. Our facilities and staff provide evidence-based addiction treatment for people from all walks of life. The following are 7 of our highest quality facilities that accept Anthem BCBS Nevada insurance:
- AdCare Rhode Island. AdCare in Rhode Island provides a variety of evidence-based addiction treatment options.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center. Desert Hope Treatment Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, offers individualized treatment plans to individuals with substance use disorder and co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center. Based in Dallas, Texas, Greenhouse Treatment Center offers individualized treatment plans for addiction treatment and co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital. Supportive staff provide high-quality addiction treatment in a calming environment at the Orange County, California-based Laguna Treatment Hospital.
- Oxford Treatment Center. This center provides drug and alcohol addiction treatment with high-quality, individualized care in Etta, Mississippi.
- River Oaks Treatment Center. A variety of addiction treatments are available at this top-tier treatment facility in Riverview, Florida.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center. Individualized treatment plans and a comprehensive continuum of care are offered at this premier addiction center in Lafayette, New Jersey.
If any of these American Addiction Centers facilities are not in-network with your insurance provider, use our user-friendly rehab directory and filter by “insurance” to find in-network facilities. There are rehabs near you that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs.
- Data Commons. (2020). Nevada.
- Britannica. (n.d.). Nevada.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2019). Behavioral Health Barometer: Nevada, Volume 6.
- Nevada Medical Center. (2022). Substance Abuse.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield. (2022). Supporting Your Journey To Recovery.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield. (2020). Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Nevada.
- Anthem. (2020). Company History.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield. (2022). BCBS Companies and Licensees.
- Anthem. (2020). Mission, Vision and Values.
- Healthcare.gov. (n.d.). Mental Health and Substance Abuse Coverage.
- Anthem. (2021). Behavioral Health.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.). Does Insurance Cover Treatment for Opioid Addiction?
- National Institute of Mental Health. (n.d.) Substance Use and Co-Occurring Mental Health Disorders.