Info on Malden Rehabilitation Services
, Massachusetts is a suburb of Boston that was voted as "the best place to raise children" in 2009 by Bloomberg Businessweek.
However, as the Office of Applied Studies
reported in 2007, over 9 percent of youth in Massachusetts reported that they have ongoing drug abuse issues. Thus, the need is high for qualified addiction treatment and excellent Malden drug rehab programs.
What Needs to Be Addressed Before Signing Up for Malden Rehabilitation
You must truly understand what addiction is to be able to effectively participate in rehabilitation programs. The CDC
has provided guidelines for those seeking treatment, as well as their family and friends, to understand the scope of what addiction treatment can provide for patients. These issues must be addressed before rehab begins, to give patients the chance to understand the treatment process and how it fits their addiction issue:
- Addiction requires long-term care, and the addiction has fundamentally changed the brain and how it operates.
- Addiction touches every portion of a person's life. It impacts their employment, family and community, as well as their health, emotions and finances.
- While treatable, addiction is chronic. Addiction is not cured, but instead managed, and this management requires daily decisions that can easily lead to relapse.
- Expectations for addiction treatment include helping patients reduce or abstain from using addictive substances. It focuses on improving addicts' lives. Addiction can be treated long term just like other conditions that are chronic.
When you are ready to begin a treatment program, give us a call on our toll-free number to find the best program in Malden to fit your individual addiction requirements.
*Can I Be Employed During Treatment and Recovery?
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
, patients seeking addiction treatment and recovery are often not given equal chances for employment. However, employment is beneficial to recovering addicts through:
- Providing them with insurance options to help them maintain sobriety
- Bringing them in contact with the general public
- Increasing their self-worth
Some barriers to employment include:
- Decreased skills
- Absence from the workforce for a period of time
- Lack of education
Ideas to increase employment opportunities for recovering addicts include volunteering, part-time jobs, skills retraining, and GED programs.
Given the right program, you can overcome your addiction and manage your daily life with sobriety. Finding a qualified Malden
treatment center can be challenging, but we are here to assist you. Our toll-free number will connect you with a specialist who can help you navigate your options.