An Overview of Carmel Rehab Facilities
Carmel, Indiana is among the richest communities in the Midwest, according to the US Census in 2010
. It is also one of the fastest growing cities in the nation, with new residential buildings and offices popping up in the Meridian Corridor at a fast pace.
Unfortunately, while the economy is booming and there is substantial community growth, there is suffering among the affluent teens who are abusing drugs. According to the California Healthy Kids Survey
, this is a common trend nationally; as teens from more affluent families have the resources to purchase illicit substances they hope will alleviate their boredom.
Carmel offers a number of luxury rehab facilities that can help teens eliminate any dissatisfaction they feel with their lives and overcome the physical aspects of drug addiction.Teen Drug Use Statistics
As these statistics from the National Institute of Health show, teen drug abuse is a problem in every community:
- 21 percent of high school seniors have used marijuana in the last year
- 3 percent of 8th graders admit that they've tried Ecstasy
- 8 percent of 12th graders have used Vicodin in the past year
- 6 percent of 12th graders have used either Adderall or over-the-counter cold medicines to get high
Instances of abuse are simply elevated in the more affluent communities because a drug habit is more affordable when money isn't a factor.
Questions to Answer Before Enrolling in Rehab
If you are a parent exploring treatment options for your addicted child, ensure that you find a program that offers the following:
Enrolling at a Treatment Facility in Carmel
- Privacy: Discretion is essential in treatment facilities that cater to influential members of the Carmel community. The treatment plan will be challenging enough for your child without any additional outside influences interfering with the process. Ask about the rehab facility's confidentiality policy prior to enrollment.
- Education: If your child is entering treatment while school is in session, ensure that the facility offers an educational program that keeps them up to date on all coursework.
- Luxury amenities: An affluent child is more likely to succeed in an environment that is similar to theirs at home. The treatment process already pushes them far enough out of their comfort zone. Find out which amenities are offered at each rehab you consider.
Contact us to discuss your child's background with addiction, and we can help you find a suitable treatment facility in Carmel.