Florida Drug Addiction Hotlines and Text Help Numbers
A Florida addiction hotline is a number you can call or text for help in times of crisis. A Florida helpline can often answer important questions you may have about addiction, substance use, various treatments, and rehab facilities. Many Florida hotlines are free and provide support 24/7, 365 days a year.
Substance Abuse in Florida
Substance use in Florida is a problem, with over 43,600 people seeking treatment at a substance use rehab center in 2017.1 Furthermore, the following drug use information is applicable to Florida residents’ past-year use during a 2017-2019 study:2
- Approximately 2.7 million people used marijuana recreationally.
- Of these, 232,000 were classified as having a marijuana use disorder (MUD).
- About 770,000 people had alcohol use disorder (AUD).
- Approximately 51,000 people used heroin.
- Roughly 752,000 people were diagnosed with prescription pain reliever misuse.
- About 165,000 people struggled with opioid use disorder (OUD).
- Approximately 490,000 people had illicit drug use disorder.
You can find assistance by reaching out to a substance abuse hotline in Florida now.
What Type of Help and Advice Do Hotline Numbers in Florida Provide?
A Florida hotline can give callers a range of assistance that can be helpful when facing a drug crisis or if you are dealing with pressing questions about drug addiction. Some of the issues they may be able to address and resolve for you include the following:
- Information about prescription drug misuse.
- Symptoms of drug misuse, drug addiction, and alcohol addiction.
- Contact information for addiction treatment in Florida.
- Guiding you in knowing what treatment resource might fit certain drug misuse issues.
You can reach out to a toll-free Florida crisis hotline anytime.
You can feel comfortable and confident when you talk to an American Addiction Centers admissions navigator. They are available 24/7 to discuss an appropriate treatment plan and provide needed support. There is no commitment to enter treatment when you contact a Florida hotline.
Are Addiction Hotline Numbers in Florida Open 24 Hours?
Florida hotlines vary depending on which one you call, but many are available to assist individuals on a 24-hour-a-day basis, 7 days a week.
List of Free Florida Addiction Hotline Numbers
If you are dealing with an emergency, you should immediately call 911. If it is not an emergency, this comprehensive list of addiction hotline numbers can be a ray of hope for those who are struggling with substance abuse.
American Addiction Centers (AAC)
- (888) 919-3239
- AAC is a top-quality leader in the nation when it comes to providing inpatient and outpatient rehab treatment services. Admissions navigators are standing by 24/7, ready to guide you on your path to recovery.
- Boys Town offers resources and support any time—day or night. They assist with a range of issues, including substance misuse.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- The NAMI HelpLine will help those dealing with a mental illness. You can find assistance Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. EST.
- Find private and confidential drug treatment help when you call the helpline—staffed by professionals who are available any time—24/7.
- 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929)
- A number dedicated to young people, this 24/7 helpline guides runaway youth, the homeless, and families in need to the proper resources and support.
- For those struggling with thoughts or plans of self-harm, this hotline offers 24/7 resources and support. However, if experiencing an immediate crisis, call 911.
- If you think you may have taken a bad mixture of drugs or been poisoned, you can receive anonymous, free guidance from Poison Control.
(401) 414-LINK (5465)
People with opioid use disorder can find support, self-help tools, and resources from a licensed chemical dependency counselor.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- SAMHSA provides a variety of resources for individuals who are dealing with substance use disorders (SUDs) and/or mental illness.
Can I Text a Florida Addiction Help Line Number Instead of Calling?
If you are looking for more information about drug and alcohol addiction but aren’t ready to call, you can sign up for personalized text support. You will receive 24/7 text support right now and at your convenience. Text support is 100% free, and there is no obligation to enter rehab treatment. You can opt out at any time.
Are Florida Addiction Hotlines and Text Helplines Anonymous and Confidential?
When you call a Florida addiction hotline, you don’t have to worry about any of your private information being made public. You can remain anonymous and speak confidentially with a support person.
Are Florida Helpline Numbers Free?
You can call many Florida helplines any time (day or night) without making a payment. The hotline availability may vary based on the needs and call volume at the time of your call. In some instances, you are connected to an admissions navigator who will provide resources, answers to questions, support, guidance about treatment, and more at no charge.
Should I Consider Treatment?
Beginning substance use treatment, whether it’s outpatient or inpatient rehab, is the a step toward recovery and regaining control over your life. The diagnostic criteria for a substance use disorder (SUD) are found in the DSM-5 and include symptoms such as:3
- Using the substance in larger amounts or for longer than intended.
- Wanting to cut down or stop using but not being able to.
- Spending a lot of time getting, using, or recovering from using a substance.
- Not being able to keep up with everyday commitments and obligations because of substance use.
- Continued use even when it causes relationship problems.
- Giving up important activities you enjoy because of substance use.
- Using substances again and again, even when it puts you in danger.
- Continued use even if there is risk and danger involved with doing so.
- Needing more of the substance to get the desired effect.
- Development of withdrawal symptoms when you don’t have the substance.
How to Find Addiction Rehab Centers Near Me
AAC has top-quality treatment centers across the U.S. You can search for the resources you need by utilizing our addiction treatment directory. Then call and discuss whatever your specific needs are with an admissions navigator.
Does My Insurance Cover Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
Many rehab facilities accept private insurance to assist with a substance use disorder. For example, River Oaks Treatment Center, which is located in Riverview, FL, near Tampa, and Recovery First Treatment Center, located in Hollywood, FL, are nearby substance use rehab facilities that accept private insurance. You can contact them to verify your insurance now.
Reach out to AAC’s admissions navigators at , and they can help you explore options. You can begin the journey to recovery today.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality. (2019). Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS): 2017. Admissions to and Discharges from Publicly-Funded Substance Use Treatment. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2019.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Behavioral Health Barometer: Florida, Volume 6: Indicators as measured through the 2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health and the National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services. HHS Publication No. SMA–20–Baro–19–FL. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2020.
- McLellan A. T. (2017). Substance Misuse and Substance use Disorders: Why do they Matter in Healthcare? Transactions of the American Clinical and Climatological Association, 128, 112–130.