Get Info on Midland Rehab Facilities
Why are women less likely to seek out drug addiction treatment in Midland
than men? There are a number of reasons, including:
A Guide to Entering a Rehabilitation Clinic
- Stigma: People often believe that addiction is a moral problem - not a medical disorder that requires treatment. Many women are concerned about what others will think if they admit that they have a problem and seek treatment. Many don't realize that their drug abuse issues are no secret and that getting help will only improve their ability to salvage their reputation.
- Responsibility for the care of children: Childcare is one of the most often cited reasons among women with drug abuse problems for NOT seeking treatment, even though getting the help they need to stop abusing drugs and alcohol will only benefit their children in the long run.
- Lack of financial resources: Women oftentimes have fewer financial resources than men and don't have the ability to pay for treatment themselves. Health insurance, scholarships, and financing options are available to help women in need.
- A belief that willpower is all that is necessary: If all it took were willpower to get a drug and alcohol abuse issue under control, wouldn't you be drug-free at this moment? It takes medical care, time and perseverance for recovery to last.
Treatment centers for women in Midland are hard to come by, exacerbating the issues above and making it even more difficult for those who need it to get the help they need to heal. Drug rehab programs designed for women are more likely to provide all the services that women need to fully embrace their recovery, but it is possible to find a rehab that has the right resources in a mixed-gender setting. Look for a drug rehab that offers:
- Therapy options that address woman-centric issues
- Medical care that covers issues commonly experienced by women
- A focus on family, childcare and parenting after an addiction
- Family therapy and couples counseling
- Aftercare focus on skills development and career/school placement assistance
The rehab program that offers all this in addition to detox services, psychotherapy, relapse prevention, and a range of holistic treatment options will best serve women in need of drug rehab.