Indiana Center for Recovery

1004 West 1st Street, Bloomington, Indiana, 47403
The Indiana Center for Recovery is located minutes away from Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. Our facility is situated just a mile away from historic downtown Bloomington, nestled among the quiet sycamores within 14 miles of the largest lake in the state, Lake Monroe. We are a place of healing in the heartland of the United States, and are known as a center of excellence throughout the mid-west and surrounding areas. We are looked to as the premier facility in Indiana, offering affordable, high quality addiction treatment. We are a place one seeks to get and stay sober, where families are reunited, and to be introduced to a solution that really works. Our patients work hand in hand with a highly credentialed team of qualified, licensed professionals to individualize a treatment plan that meets each particular patient's needs. Co-occurring disorders are addressed as well as career, educational, and life ambitions. A real plan of action is then implemented, and we partner in your recovery every step of the way.

• Number one in the Midwest
  • High success rates
  • Locally owned and operated

• Client & Family Support Groups

Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.
  • Medical Detoxification

Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

• Private/Secluded

• Mike Lazar
    Mike LazarBHT Supervisor
    When Mike was 13 years old he found himself experimenting with marijuana and alcohol with friends. Soon after he began taking pills and eventually harder drugs to deal with life. Mike got sober for the first time when I was 18. He left Philadelphia, his hometown, and travelled to Los Angeles and was taken under the wing of a staff member at the sober living where he lived. Mike says, “I’ll never forget what that person did for me and ever since I have set out to do the same for someone else who was as scared and hopeless as I was. I love recovery and if it weren’t for the staff of a few facilities I don’t think I could have learned how to be a person in recovery.” “Damn right I like the life I live, cause I went from negative to positive and it’s all good” -Notorious B.I.G.
  • Jackie Daniels
    Jackie DanielsLCSW, Executive and Clinical Director
    Jackie Daniels is a person in long-term recovery, clinical social worker and recovery advocate. Jackie has worked since 2000 to prevent, treat, and provide support to individuals living in addiction recovery. Previous employers include Meadows Hospital, Centerstone, and in August, 2017, Jackie left Indiana University to join the Indiana Center for Recovery as the Executive Director. A clinical social worker since 2005, she also is adjunct faculty for the Indiana University School of Social Work, teaching courses on substance use and addictions practice. Jackie is a recovery advocate, providing the “Faces and Voices of Recovery” Recovery Messaging training to individuals wishing to challenge the stigma of addiction through the use of personal messaging. In 2012, Jackie’s story was featured on Lifetime’s Teen Trouble with Josh Shipp. In 2016, Jackie was responsible for bringing the overdose antidote, naloxone, to Indiana University, now available free and anonymously to IU students. Jackie works tirelessly to promote rights, compassion, and understanding for those in recovery from addiction. Most recently, Jackie was part of a cover story for Bloomington’s hometown magazine, Bloom Magazine called “Voices of Recovery.” “There is no person walking the face of the earth who demonstrates more courage, dignity, honesty, and integrity, than a person in recovery.”

Financial Details

• Up to 100%

Ray
This facility is focused on helping individuals get sober and provide tools to maintain a healthy and productive lifestyle. There are some very rigid guidelines and some are a bit lax. People who are serious about making a change in their lives and willing to work with staff should be able to accomplish their personal goals. Programs who report that they are not motivated to secure adequate funding are blatantly lying and like any business today will not likely survive. ICFR has the most unique method to provide morning and evening meals that you prepare yourself from groceries that you order. A client can order up to $75 worth. each week. While I was there my roommates and I cooked ribeye steaks, BBQ chicken, and sea food on the grills provided outside for our use. Bowling, swimming, nature hikes, volleyball, and visiting with horses, and many other activities were provided. The groups were facilitated by professionals who know their stuff. Just about every type of spiritual guidance is made available. The 12 step program is supported, Yoga, Buddhism and workouts in the gym are also also available. It is not a perfect program however. Medication time, phone calls and occasionally weekends can seem a little crazy. The staff is always trying to improve their program and resolve problems as they arise and of course every solution causes other issues. Personally, I am eternally grateful for every minute I was in this program. I admit that I was frustrated at times and I did my share of complaining, almost daily. Looking back now I recognize the value of what I received from ICFR. I have renewed outlook on life that I once had and carelessly tossed aside for a buzz. God bless you all!
Jennifer
I could give you a million reasons not to go here. They are trying to milk your insurance company for every penny they can. You are told when you are admitted if you want to leave you can at any time. Once I realized this place was a scam, I tried to check out and they kept my belongings my phone and my wallet and I found that my phone had been used by staff while it was locked away. They make many promises they do not keep. They told me they were im network and they were not. This place is nothing but a scam to get your money. If you truly want recovery go to a major medical center affiliated rehab.
Joan
I cannot believe these reviews! There are so many good things I can say about ICFR, and it comes down to this—they will help when someone is ready. They are quick to provide direction and support, and it doesn’t always feel good Because you feel raw and vulnerable. What does feel good is being able to show up for my family and my job, and having a sense of self-respect. The only disgruntled people I saw during my stay were not feeling well and irritability is natural. I have a year sober now! I went to 5 treatment programs before ICFR, and they are by far the most skilled, caring, and trustworthy of the bunch.
William From Chicago
Thanks to ICFR their detox center and their treatment program was amazing and helped me Tremendously The staff is very professional and a lot of them came from substance abuse so they really know what people are going through I can’t say enough about their 12 step program they put it out there truthfully I believe it will save many lives and mine also Sincerely Bill from Chicago
NTS
Where to begin... I worked here as a therapist for almost a month with next to no training on documentation. Sat next to a licensed therapist who responded to a client comment in group treatment with "I don't want to sound gay, but you have a good heart." Story goes locals won't work there. I was reached an hour away by a recruiter. No reason for being let go, just that "you aren't taking things seriously" and "it just isn't working out." You are right about that. I'm one of 2 of the 4 therapists that are on their way out. My colleague did 6 months before giving notice. They would have gotten a 30 day notice from me, but this works too. Not gay friendly, not supportive, will make you work weekends and holidays. First time ever as a salaried employee I've been forced to clock in and out. I feel bad for the clients that have had yet another therapist leave without saying goodbye. Blessed for the experience. Onward and upward.