Wyoming Behavioral Institute

2521 East 15th Street, Casper, Wyoming, 82609
Wyoming Behavioral Institute is an acute care psychiatric hospital that specializes in treating children, adolescents and adults. A highly qualified and compassionate team of therapists and nurses work together to provide comprehensive treatment for a variety of issues, including substance abuse, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and self-harming behaviors. Treatment plans are comprehensive and carefully individualized to meet the needs of each client.

• Group Therapy
  • Psycho-Educational Groups
  • Medication Management

• Individualized Treatment

Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

• Hospital

• Stephen L. Brown, M.D.
    Stephen L. Brown, M.D.Medical Director
    Dr. Stephen Brown is board certified in General and Child/Adolescent Psychiatry. He directs the private practice in child and adolescent psychiatry in Casper. He also is the Medical Director of Wyoming Behavioral Institute. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree at the University of Southern California and trained at Washington University in St. Louis' Barnes and St. Louis Children's Hospital where he received the Award for Clinical Excellence.
  • David Martorano, MD
    David Martorano, MDAssistant Medical Director and Director of Adult Psychiatric Services
    Dr. David Martorano obtained his medical degree from the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York and completed his residency in psychiatry at the University of California Neuropsychiatric Institute. He specializes in addictions and is affiliated with the American Society of Addiction Medicine and the California Society of Addiction Medicine. Dr. Martorano is a second-generation psychiatrist raised near New York City. He began working in the field of software development while still in high school, later founding two companies. Dr. Martorano also worked professionally as a singer before going back to school to study medicine. Dr. Martorano is treating adults on an inpatient and outpatient basis at WBI.

DJZ
I am very disappointed in the services and staff at this facility. I had to admit a family member in a crises situation. I had consent from that family member to access this system but it was to no avail. It took 6 phone calls just to find out who the therapist would be. That person told me that the staff is there to work for the patient as well as the family. I had several questions, none of which were answered. Every time I tried to ask a question, an emergent phone call or page needed to be answered and I was told I would be called back. IF I got a call back, no research had been done and no answers could be given. I was given wrong information. I was told \"I do not know that answer\" call the night crew, the night crew told me to call the day crew and the day crew got irritated and wanted to know why I was calling with the information that I had. When I explained that I was doing as the therapist suggested I was told my information was wrong and they would talk to the therapist....who promptly called me back and wanted to know why I made the calls that I did.....\"well, it was because I was doing EXACTLY what I was instructed to do to find the information I was hoping to gain\". I was reprimanded by this therapist and told that I had the cell number and should have used it....HUH? I did, I was pawned off, the therapist got called on it and I am to blame? I was then treated like a child who is incapable of understanding. The information that was given to me was always followed by \"do you understand what I have told you?\" but I still did not get any discussion or answers to the questions I originally had. My family member was discharged, the facility forgot to return the medications that were brought and also did not give the medications that were newly prescribed. I called twice...the cell number that I am supposed to use because it was given to me but no return call regarding medications. No explanations to the family...what was done, why was it done, what is the outcome to be, what should we expect, how do we continue to handle the situation, what meds were changed, how can we obtain long term favorable results, how can we help support our family member as a family? No discussion along these lines...just here are his appointments...do you understand when and where these appointments are? You must call to arrange transportation to these appointments...do you understand that you must call to arrange for transportation? no firearms in the house, lock up medications...do you understand what I have asked you to do? Excuse me but I managed an institutional pharmacy for 20 years and I do know how to listen as well as follow directions. I feel that listening skills are an asset especially in the health care business of all types...although I did not find any staff members at this facility that seemed to be able to listen, understand and possibly act upon information given.I can name a number of staff members that could use some training in listening skills. I am very sad that good money was and will be paid out for such inadequate care, advice, etc.
Affordable and a lot of treatment options but they have a small length.
Staff, rooms, treatment were weaknesses of the facility. They treated my father and he didn't have success there but did at a better facility.
JL
If you value your life do not go here!! ... unclean, and terrifying!! STAY AWAY FROM HERE.