Touchstone

2633 P Street, Lincoln, Nebraska, 68508

T.L.
    I felt I was tricked into going here, as it is a "dual-treatment" facility for mental illness and addiction (I inherited a type of depression/anxiety from my paternal side). I could have chosen O'Neill Valley Hope and wish I would have. From the start, they determined I was in control of the depression/anxiety and that I was "just another alcoholic." I was being accused of being suicidal, when I wasn't at all! I felt like I was a criminal, and in fact, in a county hearing they judged me to be "mentally ill and dangerous!" All because I made a FB post that a relative thought sounded like I might be suicidal. I even showed the sheriff the post and explained what my words meant. I felt so bad about the problems I was causing my husband and son I decided I should move away until I "got myself together." ...At Touchstone we were basically baby-sat by young snotty college students most of the day. Only one counselor there had ever been through addiction. I saw my counselor maybe four times in the 45 days I was there. My brother called me from Arizona and I could hear his voice since I was near the front desk, yet they wouldn't let me speak to him. 10-15 minute "phone sessions" had to be scheduled for the week in advance. I spent most of my time doing dishes and kitchen work! The food was really bad (nice cook, just had to work with what he was given to use from the State). Not only that, they took me off my anti-depressant since it is potentially addictive. They put me on something else and I hated it. Being from a small town, just being in a city was scary enough! This scarred me for life as being a "mentally ill and dangerous to myself" person. My Mom cried and nearly fainted. Wish I had never said she could be there for my hearing. I'm a recovering alcoholic, not a criminal or a bad person. It was a very long two months. I would never go back to Touchstone nor recommend it to anyone. They have much to learn about rehab.