The Ranch at Clear Springs

3662 Patton Lake Road, Aquilla, Texas, 76622
The Ranch at Clear Springs provides residential substance abuse treatment for men and women. Services include individualized treatment plans, medically supervised detoxification and stabilization, assessment and treatment of co-occurring disorders, addiction education, individual and group therapy, family programming, 12-Step meetings, equine-assisted therapy, yoga, life skills training, continuing care and relapse prevention.

• Breathwork Therapy
  • Ropes Course
  • Healthy Outdoor Activities

• Individualized Treatment

Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
  • Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

• Private/Secluded

• John Lacy
    John LacyCEO/Co-Founder
    In his thirty years in the field, John has helped to build and operate some of the nation’s most successful treatment programs. He began as a counselor intern early in his own recovery, and rose to become Executive Director of a prominent Texas facility before leaving to become regional director of a fast-growing chain of addiction programs. Later he served as CEO of a psychiatric hospital and Executive Director of four Maryland programs. In 1999 he returned to Texas to lead the remarkable turnaround of a facility there, expanding capacity from 40 to 104 beds. As the parent company grew, John was promoted to a regional VP position, responsible for seven residential facilities in Texas and the Southwest.
  • Cary Linzy, LCDC
    Cary Linzy, LCDCClinical Director
    Cary has been in the field of addiction since 2005, her passion grew from the death of her paternal aunt to a heroin overdose, the death of her grandfather to cirrhosis of the liver at 65 years of age, and the co-occurring addiction and mental health with her elder son. “I knew from the moment class started way back then I made the right career choice in my attempts to understand the chronic disease of chemical addiction”. In 1978 while living in California, Cary graduated from the CETA LVN program. She later found an interest in law enforcement in which she remained in for ten years. She describes herself as a “jack of all trades” and is currently working on her master’s degree from Grand Canyon University. Cary has an unparalleled connection with people; she strives to find the common thread in each client to allow them to see that we are more alike than we are different.

Dennis
    I was there July 2013 for 30 days for alcohol treatment, I drank for 49 years prior and am an alcoholic I’ve been sober for since 6/30/2013, and I owe much of that to the staff I.e. counselors, group therapy, 12 step program etc. The surroundings are beautiful, accommodations adequate, food excellent. You’re there to get sober not to be at a vacation resort. It is very family friendly and the staff was very good and helpful. I know people who’ve gone to Betty Ford and other “resort “ rehabs and relapsed soon afterwards. I would recommend clear springs to anyone with alcohol dependency who would like to change their lives
    Stephen
    The Ranch at Clear Springs has a mix of good and bad. Here's the good, bad and ugly. The Good: The grounds are exceptional. Very well maintained and wonderful walking path through nature. I lost almost 30 pounds due to having time to walk 3-5 miles per day. It's a long walk to the cafeteria and is probably plus for those who do need exercise. They do have a car to take you if you can't walk well. Or just being lazy for the day. The food especially breakfast is fantastic! If you like southern comfort food you'll love it. Night time meals not so much, but probably better off for it. I generally skipped it. The daily meetings, I had with were very beneficial. He also does a great job with guided meditation. There are some wonderful and interesting sessions except for... The Bad- I literally wanted to burn the "Big Book" or blue when I got home. There is so much repetition of this 12 step book it becomes at times where you pray at times your mind could wonder away. However, this may be very useful for some people. Also, if you do not complete your assignments they prevent you privileges like calling your family. By the way is ONLY one time for 10 minutes where the "Warden's" listen to everything. No privacy. Everyone smokes there. I think I and one other didn't and thank GOD for that because someone will ask to "Bum" one from you time and time again. The Ugly- The rooms, bathrooms and facilities are beyond a major repair. Their septic tank overflows constantly so be prepared for that smell. I cannot emphasize enough how bad the rooms and bathrooms are in which are tiny, rusted and pretty much what you would expect in a prison. Also, three people per room on a twin size bed. Housekeeping does their best to keep things clean. But its like putting lipstick on a pig. Everything is falling apart. If they put a million dollars into the facility, they probably would be rated in the mid 4.5 rating scale. Some of the wardens are beyond dis-respectful and you will be treated like you are in prison by some. However, they may have had a staff change by now. Many relapse unfortunately. As I did myself after 60 days. I'm now going to another facility. I probably would have chosen them again if it weren't for the conditions of the house. In the end, it's not bad considering the fact you are there for sobriety and not a bed and breakfast. My insurance covered 100% of the cost which was nice. I'm now having to pay $2,500 with insurance for the new place I'm going... Perhaps I'm a snob but am willing to pay the money for higher quality rooms and amenities. Good luck to you all.
    Will
    I attended at the Ranch in December of 2014. I am now more than 3 Years Clean. I really enjoyed the 30 day treatment I received. The medical staff helped me in my detox. The counselors and the staff were very helpful. I met lots of good people and the ranch helped reintroduce me to a 12 Step Program that I still attend today and it has given me my life back and My wife and kids and family the person that I always wanted to be. I couldn’t have asked for a better place to recover. Thank You!!
    Life changing experience! Clinical team is caring and knowledgeable. 12 step philosophy is just what I needed to get my life back on track. Enjoyed the accommodations and the food was awesome! I will recommend Clear Springs Ranch to anyone looking for strong, back to basics treatment.
    A facility in flux that should not be accepting new residents. The counselors and nurses are fantastic. The RAs are millennials who are dissatisfied by their jobs, pay (own addiction and poor-life-choice decisions) and workplace uncertainty and take it out on the residents, some of whom are there of their own volition. Not a spa-like setting, as many of the residents are treated to a boot-camp, prison-like setting and are not allowed to leave the facility to roam the grounds or exercise. False advertising. The womens’-only facility was changed to co-ed, several key staffers (the nice ones) were fired or quit, and I know of at least one former RA who is in a relationship with a recent client. Really gross and shady. As I said, there were two wonderful counselors ) and a few fantastic RAs , the rest are in a “Lord of the Flies” mode and take out their frustration on the paying customers. I felt badly for the kitchen staff. I could see the pain and uncertainty in their faces as they watched a regime change and feared for their jobs. As the new management took control, the paradigm quickly shifted and suddenly, the patients who were paying $24,000 for 30-days, several with advanced degrees, were forced to clean the facility themselves as the cleaning crew were let go. A little humility is good for recovery, but indentured servitude does not facilitate educational, spiritual and physical wellness. I will mostly regret the mistake I made by going to this facility.