The Morton Center

1028 Barret Avenue, Louisville, Kentucky, 40204
The Morton Center believes in treating the whole person — including family members — when it comes to alcohol and drug addiction. The rehab provides outpatient services from three Kentucky-based locations; the Louisville facility provides substance abuse treatment for both adults and adolescents. Through specialized counseling, 12-step recovery techniques, and premiere educational services, The Morton Center guides addicts and alcoholics to fulfilling life in sobriety — and helps their loved ones heal, as well.

• Intensive Out Patient (IOP)

Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.
  • Holistic Therapy

Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Caroline
The staff there is very unprofessional by and large and they do exercises like art therapy intended for children, not adults. Staff there also call female clients pet names like sweetie and honey. That has not been PC since the 1970's.
Dorothy
I started at the Morton center not quit a year yet and I am so impressed with the staff and the Doctor.Everyone is so friendly and makes me feel very welcomed. Never do I have to wait very long to be seen by the doctor or my therapist. It’s hard enough having a addiction and having people look down on your or treat you different but that’s not the case at the Morton Center they are kind friendly and professional and I recommend them highly!!
CR
    Today!!! I can't believe I witness a CEO who I have seen in new articles around Louisville about her outstanding work. The CEO fired a employee who was just trying to get clarification on some answers. I can only assume this employee is pretty new. The lady was very nice. By the way you can hear and see everything through the glass window!! You don't do that in front of your office staff and the patients who are waiting out in the waiting room!! That is very degrading and humiliating!! I am a mother of a client who is currently there. My first encounter with the Morton center back in May was not very pleasant. The woman short blonde hair, in the front office was not very courteous and very inpatient when I asked about the services she was abrupt,short and not friendly. I witness in May the day my son agreed to get help. There was a young lady with 2 children who needed assistance. The lady in the front office told her she needed to take her children outside or take them somewhere because her children were a disruption!! BY GOD!! These kids are toddlers!! What did this employee expect? I was furious! I went up to the window and asked to speak to a manager, I was told that they don't have a manager. REALLY?? Just to find out later that in fact they do have a office manager. LIES!!! I work at Center Stone and I am proud that we don't treat our employees and patients that way. My son will no longer attend there. I have heard good things and bad things . But, my experience from day 1 has been awful. These patient that come through it's life and death for them. I know, I am a parent of an addict. No, way will the Morton Center be given recommendation from me. If the CEO treats her employees like that, I can only imagine what the clients go through.
    Roberta
    A strength was that family was included A downfall was that there were limited funds for patients helpful
    Comprehensive intense outpatient treatment I've heard that the facility offers free treatment for patient's who can't afford it, but this was never mentioned to us Quality of group counselling sessions vary depending on therapists assigned.