The Hills Treatment Center

8207 Mulholland Drive, Los Angeles, California, 90046
The Hills Treatment Center is dedicated to providing a safe, structured environment for individuals in a transitional phase of recovering from chemical dependency and co-occurring disorders. During this transitional period, we empower clients to transform their lives replacing their old feelings of powerlessness and hopelessness with renewed optimism, dignity and confidence. Our clients are given tools to begin building their new foundation of lasting recovery. Our support staff is committed to excellence while ensuring each client feels fully supported through this transitional period. Residents are encouraged to attend 12 Step meetings or group therapy sessions as well as continuing to see their personal therapist or psychiatrist. The end result is our clients begin to develop realistic and attainable goals and ultimately a new vision of life. Our goal is to replace one's demoralization, shame and guilt with honor, dignity and a sense of one's true self. At The Hills Center we help our clients gain an understanding that drugs and alcohol have created depression, demoralization and the experience of feeling out of control. As a result of this realization our clients begin to recognize that they have become powerless over their use of drugs and alcohol and have lost their sense of personal power in the process. In helping our clients to understand their primary purpose, we teach them to live with honor and dignity as they begin to regain personal power over their lives and the ability to live their dreams.

• CBT; DBT; MET; Narrative Therapy; Solution Focused Therapy
  • Horticultural Therapy
  • Medically Supervised Detox

• Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

• Private/Secluded

• Dr. Howard C. Samuels, PsyD
    Dr. Howard C. Samuels, PsyDOwner & Founder
    Dr. Samuels specializes in the treatment of mood and addictive disorders, love addiction and substance abuse intervention. Dr. Samuels has been clean and sober for 29 years from heroin and cocaine addiction.
  • Bruce Turner
    Bruce TurnerProgram Director
    Bruce Turner has a M.A. in Marriage Family Therapy and has been working as an addiction specialist with dual diagnosed clients both in residential treatment settings and private practice for over fifteen years. Bruce’s experience includes extensive work with clients individually as well as in the group process for addiction education, relapse prevention, grief counseling, and multi-family process groups. Prior to working in treatment, Bruce has over twenty-three years experience in health care administration including Human Resources Administration and Employee Assistance Programs.

Calvin
Mom always thought her cocaine use was just for fun. I saw it for what it really was, an addiction. The Hills helped my family with an intervention and they have a family program designed to help all of us cope and heal from this experience. We are moving forward, together.
Tiffany Bradley
My Dad has been addicted to meth for years. I felt powerless and had no idea how to help. With some research, I found The Hills and reached out. With their guidance, my family was able to effectively get through to my Dad how his addiction affected all of us. He went into treatment and is doing so well. I am so excited for our future.
Stephanie
The Hills outpatient rehab therapy sessions both for myself and with family have been like a lifeline for me. I commute to the facility every day. I return home in the evening feeling stronger and with a better understanding of myself and my strengths.
Linda Wallace
Hills Treatment Center had just the right program for me as an Inpatient rehab patient. I lived at a rehab facility during my recovery and had the benefit of all their therapeutic and clinical services. I am not sure I could have made my recovery without it.
Jim
The residential treatment program at Hills Treatment center started my recovery from alcoholism. My family engaged the Hills professionals for intervention and convinced me that their therapeutic and clinical services are best for me. They were right.