Stages of Recovery, Inc.
4413 71st Street Suite G-101, Lubbock, Texas, 79424
Our mission is to promote a foundation in recovery from alcohol, drugs and other related behaviors by providing a safe and structured environment. We provide independent sober living and Intensive Outpatient services for both men and women. Our programs emphasizes honesty, trust, and respect so clients can heal with the help of a nurturing 12-step based home where coping and communication skills are encouraged. This allows a safe way of learning to live when getting out of a rehabilitation environment or a home that was of complete isolation. Our focus is to provide a peaceful and structured sober community in which residents are proactive in their recovery while learning to address their needs and problems in a mature manner. We are supporters of the continuum care model of recovery. It’s important to us and our clients that they attend our Intensive Outpatient Program. We feel that it’s important to have a strong clinical foundation as well as having a quality of living that is conducive to ones sobriety and personal growth. This will enable confidence and self worth, while learning how to build on their strengths and utilize the tools provided by our compassionate staff as well a 12-step program. Our structured sober living is instrumental in building a new way of living. It will not feel normal in early recovery but this allows each person to help each other remain disciplined with the day to day things that are essential to maintain a strong foundation for long term sobriety.
- We are rated A+ with the BBB
- Highly focused on fostering the value of self-reliance
- Our founders are in recovery themselves
Individual TherapyThis term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.
Client & Family Support GroupsGroup therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.
Meet the Staff
- Stephen MedleyCEO and Marketing DirectorSteve is the founding owner of Stages of Recovery, Inc. and The Door Sober Living Community. A visionary with a passion for those in recovery, Steve saw a need in the community and decided to take matters into his own hands. Steve has 16 years of recovery time, getting clean at the age of 19, and showing many of our younger clients that it is still possible to have fun in recovery. Steve graduated from Texas Tech University as a member of the Collegiate Recovery Community at The Center for the Study of Addiction and Recovery with a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration. Steve is the leader of the company and an inspiration to all the other staff members.
- Ian "Cole" WattsCFO and Program DirectorCole and Steve founded The Door Sober Living Community together. Cole is the details behind the program. As Program Director, he conceived and implemented The Door concept and has written multiple grants for the program and others. Cole was born and raised in Lubbock and has been in recovery for 8 years, proving that you can get clean in the same town you live in. He is a proud graduate of the Lubbock Country Drug Court program. Cole graduated from Texas Tech University with a Bachelor Degree in Social Work. His focus in the company is to make sure that the activities stay true to the spirit of recovery and the mission and vision of the company.
- Up to 60%