Serenity View Recovery Center

3800 County Road 444, Princeton, Texas, 75407
Serenity View Recovery Center is located in Princeton, Texas, north of Dallas on 43 acres of beautiful land, providing a serene setting for adult men and women suffering with substance use and co-occurring disorders. The residential treatment facility offers a full continuum of care including on-site medical detox, residential, and outpatient services. The cozy, southwestern-style facility boasts an expanse of land that offers patients the tranquil splendor of peace and serenity, while offering a modern environment and all of the amenities one could need to support their journey to recovery.

• Detox
  • Family Therapy

• 12-Step, SMART & Celebrate Recovery

While the 12-Step self-help approach to recovery is widely utilized in Texas, this approach does not suit everyone in treatment for addiction. Serenity View offers SMART Recovery and Celebrate Recovery as two alternatives, one based in science and the other based in Christian-faith. Having options for all treatment needs and lifestyles is an important aspect of Serenity View's individualized approach to care.
  • Personal Trainers & Mind-Body Wellness

With a state-of-the-art fitness center and gym, two personal trainers, and a dietitian on staff, patients at Serenity View will be able to develop an exercise regimen and dietary plan with one-on-one sessions to address their individual nutritional and fitness needs. Having an exercise routine in place after treatment can be lifesaving as it keeps people healthy and focused on healing while providing an outlet to deal with stressors and triggers they may encounter in day-to-day life.

• Executive

• Selena Stockley
    Selena StockleyExecutive Director
    Selena Stockley is Executive Director at Serenity View, where she is responsible for overseeing the 40-bed facility, managing employees and ensuring the quality of patient care. She brings over 20 years of experience in various behavioral health areas that include business development, environment of care and residential care. Prior to joining Serenity View, Selena served as the Chief Executive Officer at Rolling Hills Hospital in Ada, Oklahoma, a facility offering acute detox and residential services, which grew from 44 to 108 beds under her leadership. Before that, she worked as the Chief Operations Officer for Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health in Tulsa, Oklahoma that provided behavioral health care services to children and adolescents. Selena is a compassionate leader who values the lessons she learns from each person she encounters and truly believes in the value of serving others. She earned her bachelor's degree from the University of Texas of the Permian Basin.
  • Manoela Denman, MD
    Manoela Denman, MDMedical Director
    Manoela Fonseca Denman, MD, is the Medical Director of Serenity View and is a Board Certified Psychiatrist who has been active in the field of behavioral health for nearly two decades. As Medical Director, Dr. Denman oversees the quality of care for patients and manages the medical staff, ensuring that the treatment programs are exceeding clinical standards. Dr. Denman is fluent in Portuguese and Spanish and completed her Residency in Psychiatry (2014) and a Fellowship in Child Psychiatry at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2016). Previously, she completed Fellowships in Psychiatric Genetics and Neuroimaging of Mood Disorders at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2006-2008). She graduated from medical school in 2001 at the School of Medicine, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil and completed her residency in psychiatry at the Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil.

Financial Details

• Up to 100%

Bonnie
We basically did not know what to expect as our son entered Serenity View for the 30 day rehab. Our first conversation with him was most uplifting and enlightening on how well he had adapted and accepted the professional help from the counselors and staff there. Their informative emails and availability to communicate what he was learning were a tremendous tool to help better understand what was included in his care. The research materials provided were also a valuable tool for us to learn how this disease affects all of those close to him and how to deal with the situation. Serenity View offers a Family Weekend of 3 full days of sessions pertaining to understanding better what the individuals are dealing with, how to cope and what to expect in recovery. It is a group/one on one with your loved one that you will find very emotional but so rewarding for your family. I encourage anyone who has a loved one in rehab to participate. I commend the staff at Serenity View for the support and foundation that they have provided for my son and our entire family.
Taylor B
This place is the worst tondetox off opiates. They don’t have the right meds or will give them if they do. I made the best decision to leave and get my medical team here in Seattle to help me. There is no one on one time with the lone doctor. That place made me want to use more than ever. I was kept in detox and isolation most of my week there. Never going back there. Do your research more thoroughly before ever coming here. If you struggle with alcohol this may be more helpful and you could get the care you need. The groups of recovering addicts are the strongest thing about this place. Expensive one week trip but it was worth possibly having to cover the remaining 20k to leave and get the proper care I needed
Jessica
I called to get help for my husband that was prescribed Benzos and never abused them in his life. He needed to get off but needed medical help. Once he was admitted I was never able to get a nurse to call me back after leaving numerous messages. I had to email the family counselor who would give a message to the Psychiatrist. The Psychiatrist finally called me and asked me why I brought my husband there. I explained that his staff had said they could help. When we went for our first weekend I asked to see a list of my husbands medications and after looking at it was told that they had started a new antidepressant and he had refused to take it. This was very much out of character for him. My husband denied ever refusing anything. He also told me that a nurse told him if he tried to leave the police would be called on him. I also received a call that a twice monthly injection that was ordered for Him was given 5 days late. During the second week at the first unsupervised call my husband asked me to come get him because he was very depressed. I spoke with the Psychiatrist the next morning And i was told that he would be started on a new antidepressant and he would need to stay. I explained I was 20 min away from the facility and I would be picking him up. This was day 9 of his stay. It took over an hour for them to release him because they where brainwashing him into believing that if he left he would die or commit suicide. I am a nurse and the state I found my husband in when I picked him up was horrible. He was anxious and visible distraught. I was given a prescription for a antidepressant to be filled by me because it was never started at the facility. It is very dangerous to go through detox already. For them to stop his antidepressant added fuel to that fire. He had to sign papers to leave AMA and now I am taking care of him. The whole ride to the hotel he was talking about how they told him he may die and that he was probably going to have memory problems. He was also over medicated by the Nurse Practitioner during his detox period and ended up in the ER. This place is horrible and in my professional opinion should be closed. Mental health goes hand in hand with substance abuse and you cannot treat all patients like they are the same. Every patient is unique and the treatment should be tailored to their needs. He received one meeting with his personal counselor in a 9 day period. The rest of the time he was made to go in to group meetings which he did not do well with and that where led by recovering addicts that work there. All I can say is that I am happy I have the knowledge of a nurse to be able to take care of him. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YOUR LOVED ONE HERE!!!
Jacob
Serenity view changed my life.
Patricia
I truly feel blessed to have been able to have the opportunity to recive treatment at this facility.