Schick Shadel Hospital

12101 Ambaum Blvd SW, Seattle, Washington, 98146
The Schick Shadel Hospital provides substance abuse treatment for men and women. Schick Shadel’s approach is not 12-Step based, but relies instead on controversial aversion therapy or counter conditioning. The ten-day program is designed to create strong feelings of physical discomfort and repulsion associated with the addictive substance.

• Continuing Care
  • Counter Conditioning Treatment
  • Effective Alternative Approaches

• Alcohol Detox

Schick Shadel’s treatment program provides patients with a safe, comfortable transition through the addiction withdrawal period. Physicians certified in addiction medicine direct the detox team, and experienced, registered nurses provide compassionate and supportive care for patients.
  • Drug Detox

• Hospital

• Elaine Oksendahl
    Elaine OksendahlDirector of HR/RM/PI
    Elaine joined Schick Shadel Hospital as administrative assistant to the CEO and chief of staff. During her tenure, she has held several positions including performance improvement coordinator, JCAHO/DOL survey coordinator, privacy officer/compliance officer and associate administrator.
  • Paula Fisher
    Paula FisherDirector of Counseling
    Paula earned an undergraduate degree, a counseling certificate and a master’s of business administration from the University of Washington. A graduate of the Schick Shadel Hospital program, Paula joined the team as a counselor and has more than twenty years of clinical experience in the field of substance abuse.

Financial Details

• Some Financing Available

Barry
I don’t understand the #3 ratings on Schlick hospital for alcoholism. I went to Schlick December 1981 and have never had another drink. I went to a different facility for a month and started back drinking 3 hrs after I left the place. I was mentally and physically addicted, had to detox 3 or 4 days before starting 10 day program. Had 5 treatments of Duffys bar 5 sodium pentathol sessions and I was cured. Things have changed there or they really didn’t want to quit, maybe someone sent them there or something. Schlick is # 1 in the world as far as I can say. I wrote this on my own as a happy satisfied non drinker and don’t understand poor ratings. Barry
I was on staff for 6 years and always had favorable interactions with both staff and clients. Staff were experienced and knowledgeable, it was an aversion therapy treatment program and clients were taught how to reinforce their treatment if ever feeling like they were in need of support. Lack of other holistic practices.
Gloria
location was great. Weaknesses included: digging deeper into why, expense drained an already impaired family by the drinker...son been 3 times and still no success, getting divorced, been fired, basically on the streets today Everyone has to pull for your loved ones success, mostly them, but family and staff as well
LS
Paid $18,000 cash and then they requested $1000 more 4 months after leaving for only 10 day treatment. Medical Detox a joke, lay in bed for 3 days miserable. Not effective, drank after 10 months sober. Not clean accommodations,place is very ran down. Food and chefs were good, but any other amenities like \'gym\' walking areas\' inadequate. Would not recommend, do a longer stay somewhere else for less money. They just want bodies in beds is feeling I got. They actually have a sales girl to sell you facility. NOT good treatment center.
WP
    I was at the end of my rope, my demon was alcohol... I was desperate! It was either Schick Shadel or suicide. For me what they said about fixing my problem was exactly what happened, I was cured!! Now it\'s not like I\'m white knuckling it, saying I\'ve got twenty days sober. It\'s like Ive never had a drink, don\'t have problem, and I never even think about it except when I tell others about this wonderful place!!