Santa Monica House

401 S 39th St, Omaha, Nebraska, 68131
Santa Monica House is an Omaha-based substance abuse treatment facility exclusively for women. The drug and alcohol rehab is 12-Step based and takes a holistic, trauma-informed approach to addiction, offering a wide array of programs, including residential treatment, outpatient care and halfway house services. Dedicated to educating and enlightening women about the realities of their illness, Santa Monica House offers a safe and nonjudgmental setting for recovery.

Betsy
I was at Santa Monica in 1990. Going there saved my life. I rebuilt my life and am happy. I learned so much about myself, life, other people, everything. Lynda Darling was our counselor and she taught me so much. I wish I had thanked her then. I did struggle from time to time, but they gave me the tools to ride it out and regroup. You may hate it there but trust me, that\'s what you NEED.
AL
I was older than the other clients so not close "friends". Pretty sure there is still a weekly alumni group (aftercare). Strengths: good counselors. Weaknesses: Expected to work full time. No personal vehicle allowed. Had to use public transportation which is miserable in this city. Prepare all meals. AA every day. Walked miles. Group twice per week more like a witch hunt. 6 month residential program. Exhausting.
Dawn
It was an all woman treatment/halfway house, very focused on each persons individuality needs, plus we had to learn to take care of our selves financially with outside help or ,transportation,as soon as we found a job we had to pay rent, we had different chores each,it week it was more like we were a big family!
Faustina
This was my second time in treatment. I went when I was 19 but just to get off crack. I doubted treatment centers could helpful to me but I went down a dark dark path until I surrendered and went to St. Moinica's. I have to admit I thought I was crazy to admit myself but it was better than how I was living before I went. I am going on 9 months sober. You learn a lot about yourself. and sobriety is all on what you want in life. At least that's what I got out of treatment. Life changing is all I can say about St. Monica's