Sponsored Facility

Profound Treatment

4725 Vanalden Ave, Tarzana, California, 91356
Located in the heart of West Los Angeles, Profound LA offers individualized treatment for people seeking comprehensive services that encompass addiction and/or co-occurring mental illness. Our alcohol & drug treatment programs combine traditional methods with cutting-edge techniques for a highly personalized treatment plan designed to treat the patient rather than the condition. You are unique, your treatment should be too.

• Sub-Acute Medical Detox
  • Intervention Services
  • Inpatient Treatment
  • Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
  • Sober Living Homes
  • Aftercare Support
  • Alumni Association
  • Career Development

• Overview:

Profound Treatment is committed to provide treatment for individuals and families struggling with alcohol and/or substance addiction. The program is dedicated to provide dual-diagnosis treatment for those suffering from a co-occurring disorder. They provide compassionate and professional staff. Profound Treatment provides a safe and peaceful environment for patients to recover from substance addiction. Many patients choose to live at their sober living facilities in West Los Angeles. They offer different therapies, such as: mindfulness, psychodynamic therapy, humanistic existential therapy and more.
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy:

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a therapy modality that focuses on the relationship between one's thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. It is used to establish and allow for healthy responses to thoughts and feelings (instead of unhealthy responses, like using drugs or alcohol). CBT has been proven effective for recovering addicts of all kinds, and is used to strengthen a patient's own self-awareness and ability to self-regulate. CBT allows individuals to monitor their own emotional state, become more adept at communicating with others, and manage stress without needing to engage in substance abuse.
  • Experiential Therapy:

Experiential therapy is a form of therapy in which clients are encouraged to surface and work through subconscious issues by engaging in real-time experiences. Experiential therapy departs from traditional talk therapy by involving the body, and having clients engage in activities, movements, and physical and emotional expression. This can involve role-play or using props (which can include other people). Experiential therapy can help people process trauma, memories, and emotion quickly, deeply, and in a lasting fashion, leading to substantial and impactful healing.
  • Family Therapy:

Research clearly demonstrates that recovery is far more successful and sustainable when loved ones like family members participate in rehab and substance abuse treatment. Genetic factors may be at play when it comes to drug and alcohol addiction, as well as mental health issues. Family dynamics often play a critical role in addiction triggers, and if properly educated, family members can be a strong source of support when it comes to rehabilitation.
  • Group Therapy:

Group therapy is any therapeutic work that happens in a group (not one-on-one). There are a number of different group therapy modalities, including support groups, experiential therapy, psycho-education, and more. Group therapy involves treatment as well as processing interaction between group members.
  • Individual Therapy:

In individual therapy, a patient meets one-on-one with a trained psychologist or counselor. Therapy is a pivotal part of effective substance abuse treatment, as it often covers root causes of addiction, including challenges faced by the patient in their social, family, and work/school life.
  • Motivational Interviewing:

Motivational Interviewing (MI) is a clinical approach to helping people with substance abuse issues and other conditions shift behavior in positive ways. It is more goal-oriented than traditional psychotherapy, as MI counselors directly attempt to get clients to consider making behavioral change (rather than wait for them to come to conclusions themselves). Its primary purpose is to resolve ambivalence and help clients become able to make healthy choices freely.
  • Trauma Therapy:

Trauma therapy addresses traumatic incidents from a client's past that are likely affecting their present-day experience. Trauma is often one of the primary triggers and potential causes of addiction, and can stem from child sexual abuse, domestic violence, having a parent with a mental illness, losing one or both parents at a young age, teenage or adult sexual assault, or any number of other factors. The purpose of trauma therapy is to allow a patient to process trauma and move through and past it, with the help of trained and compassionate mental health professionals.

• Beach Community
  • Resort
  • Ultra-Luxury

Rehabs 360 Guide

Important Notice

We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.

Ashley
I know most people don’t really believe the reviews on here are actually legit but all of these 5 stars people are giving are absolutely 100% real. I’ve been to many treatment centers and they were mainly in South Florida so I was very iffy on going back into treatment because I’ve had some pretty bad experiences. From the second I walked into Profound they were so kind to me and treated me with respect and they are very genuine in the work they do. Everything comes from the heart and it’s not all about money here. They truly want to help you become the woman/man that they know you can be. I went in absolutely broken and beaten up and they really helped me see myself in a different light and they believed in me until I started to believe in myself. Any questions or concerns I ever had they answered and helped me with day or night. I developed personal relationships with staff here and you become family with them and the other clients. Without going there I truly don’t think I would be where I am today. I am so grateful for this program and anyone who is looking for help and looking for a better way to live I would suggest going to Profound because it will change your life. I feel there could be more therapy sessions but honestly the therapists and especially Steven are there anytime to talk to. I want to give a shout out to Steven the counselor! He was absolutely hands down AMAZING the entire time I was there. If I had a concern no matter how late at night he was always there to help walk me through it. He is a wonderful man and he works a SOLID program and he really cares about everyone that walks through those doors. Also I want to shout out to Jo! Even after I graduated Profound she has texted me all the time still to this day making sure I’m doing okay and checking in on me. She was always there for me anytime while I was at Profound and she still is. I want to say that Mari and Effron the techs are also amazing. They care about everyone and they will spend hours talking to you and giving you advice and just helping you through any problems you have in life. Unfortunately Gabby isn’t there anymore but she was amazing as well. I could make this post go on for days talking about my experience but no one has time for that so I will just say this, profound saved my life and I am forever GRATEFUL! Thank you for everything you’ve done for me.
Luke
Profound treatment center is exceptional. I made so many meaningful connections with the clients and staff while I was there I was saddened amongst discharge. I came into treatment anxious and scared to meet my housemates and left feeling a level of connection with each and everyone of them that is unmatched elsewhere. Food is catered 3 days a week and the house is in an exceptional location. Tessa, the therapist, always has her door open and is available to talk about anything that is on your mind. Michelle, the clinical director, is very kind, accommodating, and truly helps you get down to the root of your problems. I want to thank John Bryan, the program coordinator, for making me feel so welcomed at his treatment center. I can’t say enough great things about the man. He truly cares about every single one of his clients and will go above and beyond to help them. I walked out this treatment center a changed person.
Sponsored Facility