Pine Manor Inc - Chemical Dependency Services

22195 MN-34, Nevis, Minnesota, 56467

Ability to let individuals find their strengths from within, and have support via alumni after completion of treatment. It could have longer in-patient treatment. Otherwise it is a top notch place to find a new way to live!! The setting is peaceful, on a lake and deep in the woods. The food is great and the Staff are top notch!!
Kyle
Strengths: Caring, safe, good atmosphere. Pine manors changed my life. I was challenged,broke down, built up, prepared.
A as program, but my cousler was a downfall.
BW
great location on 5th crow wing lake. beautiful.
I don't discredit the facility entirely, I just disagree with some views and the way some things are presented. Their employees see m to care for those being treated and many have overcome addictions as well. I do feel, however, that the patients in the faculty should be helped to feel in control of their lives. Less like powerless victims of their chosen substances, and more like wise beings in control of their bodies and their urges/addictions. I know it's not an easy thing to overcome by any means, but I also knowthat my father came out of the facility with a handful of excuses for the things he'd done, the reasons for his addictions, and its result it had on our family and other loved ones. He learned that it was not his fault that he turned to drugs and alcohol to begin with, that he kept going back to them orr that he just couldn't quit. He believed that the only reason he became who he was, was because of the childhood he had. The very things he described as leading to his addictions are the very same things he afflicted onto me, without the added events of a parent or relative abusing (sexually, mentally, and verbally) him. These factors were brought up in a family treatment session, where the counselor had him apologize to me, but explain that his actions were not his fault, but his addiction's fault. But I begged the counselor to answer that if the events of his childhood made him powerless to addiction, and I had the same events and more unfold, an addictive personality and access to the same drugs and alcohol my father was addicted to and had offered me, then how was I not as powerless to them when I was not only weak, but they had been forced upon me? I know it's a long ramble, but in short, the facility was very quick to help my father release him from his guilt and tell him "relapse is going to happen, and that's ok, because it isn't your fault. You're addiction controls you and there is little you can do about it but believe in god."