Lindner Center of HOPE

4075 Old Western Row Road, Mason, Ohio, 45040
Struggles with mental health and addiction issues can be complex and complicated, so much so that typical acute inpatient and outpatient treatment options may not be able to get to the root of the issues. Whether the individual is stabilized after their first behavioral crisis or has struggled with long-standing mental illness, finding clarity in diagnosis is essential for planning next steps and ultimately achieving wellness. In addition, a solid foundation in clinical skill development is also crucial to being able to build a realistic future focus and better life.

• Family Therapy
  • Community Support Groups
  • Vocational Support

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)

The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

• Private/Secluded

• Clifford Q Cabansag, MD, CTTS
    Clifford Q Cabansag, MD, CTTS Addiction Medicine Physician
    As an addiction specialist, Dr. Cabansag brings addiction medicine expertise to the Lindner Center of HOPE team. Prior to joining us at LCOH, Dr. Cabansag trained as an Addiction Medicine Fellow at Cincinnati VAMC / University of Cincinnati, which was one of only 10 such fellowships to be recognized by the American Board of Addiction Medicine in their 2011 inaugural accreditations. While there, he received extensive training in substance use disorders, particularly in opioid, tobacco and alcohol use disorders. Likewise, his training included the treatment of co-occurring psychiatric disorders as well as motivational interviewing.
  • Sherry Knapp-Brown, PhD
    Sherry Knapp-Brown, PhDStaff Psychologist and Chemical Dependency Specialist
    Dr. Knapp-Brown has 25 years of experience in behavioral health organizations and is a licensed Ph.D. psychologist with specialty certification and training in substance use disorders, co-occurring psychiatric disorders, mood disorders, dialectical behavior therapy, and healthcare management. She is part of the Lindner Center of HOPE team which designed and is providing specialty treatment programming for persons with addictions and combined psychiatric and addictive disorders. With her specialized training and expertise in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, she is a key member of the hospital’s DBT Team which offers individual and group programming using this highly effective treatment approach.

Shell
Excellent outpatient care and service. Yes, you have to work for your recovery but it is well worth it! Staff is fantastic. There are plenty of meal options (yes, even healthy ones) in the cafeteria and it is affordably priced. I have been seen throughout the years for anxiety, depression, and adult ADHD. This is by far the most caring staff I have experienced when it comes to mental health. Top of the line treatment with a team of professionals that work together to help improve your situation. I hate to hear that others have had negative experiences. I highly recommend this facility and staff to anyone who is struggling with mental illness looking for a helping hand.
RWW
Excellent program. Treatment is world class. Many of the negative comments seem to make no sense, almost like they were never treated at this facility. I got the help I needed for my co-occurring disorder. My life is now better because of the treatment I received.
Rachel
Was referred to Lindner Center of Hope by family and educational consultant. Expensive but you can try to apply for financial assistance. I have stopped engaging in unhealthy behaviors, had a chance to heal myself, meet really cool people, and receive support from insightful staff. Some miserable staff too and my heart goes out to the employees who did not want to be there. Highly recommend for souls who are in desperate need of emotional/mental/spiritual and even physical support. Expect challenges to overcome while you are there. The financial assistance team is great too!
D
This place ruined my life. Sent here by controlling parents, I was very unprepared for what was about to unfold. For $2,000 a day you'd expect premium care, but I encountered the worst of the worst. The hospital was still open, but we were transferred mid stay to the beautiful facility with private rooms. Besides the common area, everything is for show for whoever is paying the bill. They cold turkeyed me on my meds, we sat around eating copious amounts of food and watching TV. Cell phones are allowed, and residents tagged each other and took pictures of others without consent. A teenager was actively using heroin, a girl was smuggling pills bc you can leave and we were able to order outside food. All strange. Incredibly long story short, they sent me to a long term facility bc they were too horrible to diagnose and treat me bc they get kickbacks from expensive rehabs. They released me with controlled substances that I was not able to take during my stay, but told my family I am addicted to them. I'm, they're addictive, no kidding. I spent months in a facility out of state that was dumbfounded I was there bc I have anxiety and depression. Nothing worth commiting for that long. So $250,000 my life is FAR WORSE than what it was before my stay. RUN! TV and food are all this place offers.
AP
Lindner Center of HOPE provides assessments and evaluations for individuals with complex mental health issues. This is Lindner's purpose and they continue on this HOPE filled path.