Kids Escaping Drugs - Renaissance Campus

920 Harlem Road, Buffalo, New York, 14224

W.G.
The program was not tolerant of behaviors related to addiction - they appeared only interested in "money", donations and earnings. The did not reimburse use for $100 in small bills they required as spending money for our son. They did not provide our child's address to an ambulance transport provider- not we are facing a bill sent to a collection agency. I am a nurse practitioner providing mental health and substance abuse treatment - I cannot endorse this program.
Karen
My daughter was in this facility twice when she 19 and 20. The first time she spent 6 months and the second time it was 5 months! She had the same counselor each time who became very familiar with both my daughter and us, her family. We were required to attend counseling and visitation, as a part of the program. Education and counseling were key to this program , not just for the addict but for the family as well, considering that addiction and recovery involves the whole family. My daughter is 23, and living a sober life full of ups and downs, but she puts her tools that shes learned to work for herself. I think that this facilitys strength lies in its understanding of the disease of addiction! I feel that the weaknesses of this facility arise in part from the lack of government funding. They are very community oriented and hold a telethon a couple times a year just to be able to offer the services that they do. They do the best with what they have! everyday! I thank God for the coping/life skills that she has learned from spending time in this recovery center!
HPG
Good groups No individual It was out in the country, away from my old environment. That helped a lot.
The counselors are very involved. Food, accommodations, the group therapy was awful It is the only minor treatment facility in the nearby area. I don't feel like it was worth the money.
THE STAFF NO WEAKNESSES. IT IS A VERY EFFECTIVE PROGRAM