Hope Ministries Addiction Recovery Program

432 S Lafayette Blvd., South Bend, Indiana, 46601

JAL
The relationship you develop with the staff members is unlike anything I had ever encountered in life. Not once was I looked down upon as an addict and instead I was treated as an equal. The facility focuses on not just fixing outside issues but focuses on the inner problems that are leading you down the path of destruction. The facility follows the grace model and instead of punishing you for your mistakes, they ask you to self evaluate in order to find the reason you made the decision that you did. Hope Ministries is a non profit organization and services are free. Which in itself is a relief not having to stress about the financial aspect of treatment. The facility is co-ed so for some this might cause a distraction. Hope Ministries was a life changing part of my life. After a 13 year addiction to methamphetamine and 3 trips to prison I found myself in jail yet one more time. After posting bond I knew I had to do something with my life and at the age of 32 I knew it was now or never. I moved into Hope not exactly sure what to expect. Each day began with the support and encouragement of a community that felt welcoming from day one. The Grace that Hope extends to you is like that God. Your mistakes are viewed as learning tools not set backs and used to grow upon not condemned you for. Within my addiction my parents had been given guardianship of my now 12 year old son.Our reunion was guided by the staff at Hope and our relationship grew from there. Hope isn't a short term program that tosses you out after you complete the core classes instead you can reside at Hope for a duration of 2 years which allows you to truly transform yourself as you prepare to re-enter society. Hope Ministries is also a non-profit organisation and their services are free of charge which removes the financial stress that a rehabilitation program often adds to your life.