Holly Hill Hospital

3019 Falstaff Road, Raleigh, North Carolina, 27610
Located in Raleigh, North Carolina, Holy Hill has been providing quality mental health and substance abuse treatment for more than 35 years. The facility offers programs for adults, adolescents and children, and is committed to improving the quality of life for each and every client that walks through the door. Addiction treatment combines traditional group therapy with 12-Step facilitation and peer-to-peer support.

• Crisis Management Skills
  • Planning for Success
  • Relaxation Therapy

• 12-Step

The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

• Hospital

• Thomas Cornwall, MD
    Thomas Cornwall, MDMedical Director and Clinical Director for Child Services
  • Jessica Lincoln, LCSW
    Jessica Lincoln, LCSWDirector of Clinical Services

Jean
Holly Hill Hospital discharged my brother back to his isolated home with no medications and with prescriptions that they knew he had no way to fill, as well as with outpatient appointments for which they knew he had no transportation. The ACT in-home support team they raved about never happened. He was at Holly Hill for at least one week before the hospital attempted contact with prior home health to find out which medications he needed. He wore the same clothing for three weeks while there. He was not advised, despite numerous contacts with the staff, that his home had been burglarized and that his vehicle was no longer available. Instead, Adrian in Discharge and her supervisor, Amber Wilson, Asst. Director of Clinical Services, allowed him to be discharged with no medications, no support, and no transportation. I discovered him home alone and in a fragile, isolated condition and environment when driving two hours to check on the security of the home. He became afraid and began rocking in a catatonic fashion when I called the hospital to ask them why they had allowed this. He was terrified that they may come back for him. This is negligent care.
Julie
I just got of holly hill today I didn't like it all tho it did help me, the staff there was rude and aggresive they didn't care what we said our triggers where, they seemed to ignore the help we needed. The food there was always served cold and it was very good either maybe once or twice it was actually good but all together very bad, the help materials there as in deodorant and shampoo and body wash was also bad for these reasons 1. The deodorant was very bad it was like you never even put anything on so very weak 2. The shampoo would make your scalp very itchy and make your hair fall out 3. The body wash broke your shin out as well and would leave rashes on some of the girls that was there And ik it's for your health to be put there and not a 5 star Hotel but it was not the best conditions being there. There also a lot of fights that go on there and a lot of drama that makes it very hard to focus on your treatment and the reason you are there. I should also mention that there was a lot of bugs in there crawling around the place like centipedes and big wolf spiders. The rooms that we stay in are kinda clean but bed bugs are a thing to sorry bout and idek why but the sheets and covers smelt like dog and the beds felt like rocks (VERY UNCOMFORTABLE) But I wouldn't recommend and I think the place is just to make money and that's it
Susan W
DISGUSTING AND FILTHY!!!! I was admitted to this hell hole because I was severely depressed. My stay there made me suicidal. My blood pressure was at stroke level and they gave me no meds even though they knew I was on blood pressure medicine. The most god awful experience of my life!! I shared a room with a woman who was dying from AIDS and I had to clean the bathroom myself. I felt very unsafe due to most of the people who were staying there. Lots of heavy duty heroin users, etc. Very dangerous and so disgustingly filthy!!!!!
Tracy
My son stayed at Holly Hill for a week this spring. I was very concerned when I read the negative reviews about this place. My son complained about the place, but that’s to be expected. I didn’t see the facilities, but every person I spoke to on the phone was friendly and helpful. I was called and given information every day. I was able to speak to my son every day. My son went from Holly Hill to a wilderness facility. Telling him he was going to this facility (when he wanted to come home) was very hard. He told me when I told him that he wasn’t going. There is a man working in the children’s ward that took the time to help my son feel better about his new placement. He truly cared about my son and helped him with this very difficult situation that he was extremely anxious about. His name is Dylan. Dylan, We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for helping our son! The kids at Holly Hill are in crisis. I’m sure it’s very challenging to work at a hospital such as this. I know there were people who truly cared for my son while he was at Holly Hill, and I will always be grateful for that.
denise
I really didn\'t want to believe the ratings I read on the facility. I will give credit to everyone I spoke to concerning my son\'s health. They were very professional and appeared to be very concern. However, I didn\'t hear from Dr. Lopez at anytime during his 1 1/2 week stay. I was very disappointed to experience no change in his health. Unfortunately, the facility is designed to only stabilize a patient...Collect funds for the extended stay... provide medications...collect data and call it treatment. It\'s really sad to know that mental health concerns are at rock bottom. It\'s sad to know that everything is about the mighty dollar. smh