Good Heart Recovery Outpatient Rehab
205 West Mission St., Santa Barbara, California, 93101
Good Heart Recovery: Addiction Treatment is an outpatient rehab providing care with a unique perspective towards addiction recovery from the use of drugs and alcohol by supplying clinically appropriate and affordable addiction and mental health treatment services in Santa Barbara, California. Our dual diagnosis outpatient rehab program is fused with the teachings of Eastern philosophy, ancient Native American practices, and spirituality. We utilize our understanding that every individual has a good heart that can be recovered and surfaced as the guiding force to autonomy, a united support system, and essential happiness.
- Daily Individual Mental Health and/or Substance Use Therapy Sessions
- Medical and Psychiatric Initial and Ongoing Evaluations
- Weekly Individual Case Management / Life Skill Sessions
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Holistic TherapyFacilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.
- Beach Community
Meet the Staff
- Dr. Majorie Gies, M.D., Ph.DMedical DirectorGraduated Magna Cum Laude in Psychology from Princeton University. She got her MD from the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University. She completed her residency at UCLA in psychiatry and was the Academic Chief Resident and well as the Chief Resident of the UCLA – NPI Adult Outpatient Eating Disorders Program. Dr. Gies started her Santa Barbara private practice in April of 1993. She got her Ph.D. in psychoanalysis from ICP-LA in 1/99. She was the medical director of Cottage Hospital’s eating disorder program from 1/95 – 1/97. She was the La Ventana’s PHP and IOP medical director 11/13 – 3/17. She is now the medical director for Good Heart Recovery IOP & PHP.
- Lacee Dilmore, MA, LMFTClinical DirectorLacee has been working in the field of addiction for 10 years. Lacee attended California State University, Northridge for both her undergraduate study in psychology and MFT graduate program. She’s has been working as a Marriage and Family Therapist Intern doing direct one-on-one work as a therapist for the last three years. Lacee is passionate about working with clients through a transpersonal lense, using spirituality to explore and understand human conditions that can often contribute to substance abuse issues. It is an intention of Lacee’s to model authenticity for her clients, allowing them to witness the freedom that is available in being comfortable with who you truly are. She feels honored to be a part of Good Heart, a place of healing through the great gift of compassion. Her passion lies in her connections with others in, both in her work and personal life. She is also deeply in love with nature, meditation, her family and friends, and anything that helps others find what makes their heart sing.