Gibson Recovery Center

340 South Broadview, Cape Girardeau, Missouri, 63701

the treatment was successful so far. My husband was able to attend for 21 days, and has been sober except 1 time since then a year ago. Visitation and cost were adequate. location was close to home, cost was covered by federal funding. some of the staff was well trained. Transportation to church was offered. Family was encouraged to visit. treatment was first come first serve for admission on 1 morning a month. different facilities were used based on insurance coverage and this was not made clear to us even after I had already called to clarify. some of the staff were young and in experienced
Kim
Each and every staff member from the program director to the overnight techs genuinely care about the consumers. Vision House is a wonderful program. They do not offer a sober living program. I stayed the maximum amount of time, which was 90 days. Upon leaving treatment, treatment I had 4 months of sobriety. I just celebrated 10 months of sobriety September 6th, which is a miracle after 20 years of alcoholism, treatment, and chronic relapses. A sober living program of at least 1 to 2 years would be the logical next step for people like myself who can easily fall through the cracks when we go back out in the world, away from the support system that helped us get sober. Though not a designated Christian recovery program, everyone is allowed and encouraged to make spirituality part of our recovery. I attended the church of my choice, and two evenings a week and one afternoon a week, groups were facilitated by a pastor, and a woman from a local church held a bible study for us.
motivation and support were strengths. The staff was great at listening to the things I worried about. They made me feel like someone actually cared.
All around strong
Counselors are the best. They understand. Location for family visits is perfect for most. Building in good condition. They need more meditation space. Quiet alone time spaces. You feel as if they do not give up on someone even if they have to stay longer or come back. You feel you have a mentor and friend. Support.