Fairmount Behavioral Health System

561 Fairthorne Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19128

• Hospital

LT
I received compassionate care at Fairmount and the treatment provided was tailored to my diagnosis of PTSD. My behaviors were understood and the response to me engaging in destructive behavior was therapeutic rather than punitive.The team also communicated with my family and worked us so that we were able to move forward together. The Doctor addressed medication changes thoughtfully and I was not over-medicated. For me the ability to use the gym was very helpful.
Ryan
Great program! One of those situations were it is what you put into it. I\'ve been to several rehabs and did not stay clean, I like to blame the facilities but realize now I would do anything to pass the responsibility of my recovery in to someone else. Once I took responsibility, I began to truly recover. Fairmount\'s counselors and therapists truly care, and I know the therapist worked with knows his stuff. Great place!
E.T.Y
Only stayed in detox 48 hours before I left. Building is run down and grimy. Bed was like sleeping in a pile of wire coat hangers but seem to be replacing mattresses slowly as a new (very nice) one was brought in as soon as I said I was leaving. My ride was 4 hours from arriving and although sick , I had to sit in a chair to wait. Couldn\'t lay back down. Drs and counselors seemed nice and genuine . Nurses were nice. Male staff was somewhat aggressive. Patient population was the downside, rehab clients warning me how awful it was. How much \"you\'re gonna hate it\". Woman smoking area a bit of a walk from detox and seperate from the men who walk 4 feet from building to smoke. would be better to keep detox patients apart from rehab patients. I lost count of how many times I heard \"smile girl\", \"smile, it\'s not so bad\" and endless\" you ok girl?\" I didn\'t even want to leave my room. Hard to get any rest though as the staff are loudly rapping on your door to do their \"checks\" every half hour. Like pounding on door. My bags were not searched, I was not searched upon arrival. Admission took only 3 hours. Food was good and brought to you while in detox if you don\'t feel up to walking to cafeteria. Juice and snacks available on the unit. No comfortable day room. Staff seems to have a good system in place for meds, vitals etc. However, I felt lost in the mix. I didn\'t get showed around or informed about where meals were served. Should have stayed at Eagleville. But I left AMA there too. I guess there are no rehabs for an extreme introvert like me. I hope I find something that can help me.
Understands people needs. Treats people well and meets and understands his needs
MLS
Excellent staff but too lenient with behavior of clients. Most staff were aware of my individual case and worked very hard to help.