- Medical Detox
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Sober Living
- Relapse Prevention
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Holistic Healing
- Mental Health Treatment
Nutritional TherapyNutrition therapy encourages clients that are new in recovery or even in sustained recovery to develop healthy eating habits as a part of their regimen. Therapists and coaches at Divinity Recovery engage clients by exposing them to academic studies about nutrition and sobriety. We specialize in assisting members to develop a healthy relationship with food. This provides a thorough understanding of why some ingredients are more or less of a formidable ally to sustained rehabilitation.
Life SkillsCareer planning, financial planning, cooking, cleaning and hygiene are all skills that enable members to succeed at the highest level. Therapists and counselors at Divinity Recovery specialize in recognizing barriers and give access to necessary resources. Members are encouraged to problem solve and make decisions that will best suit their own life and recovery. We understand that without access to these resources the likelihood of relapse becomes heightened and we aim to mitigate that gap.
Holistic HealingHolistic healing is extremely valuable because it provides participants the ability to tap into their highest self. Members learn how to practice sitting with uncomfortable feelings and are encouraged to breathe through and become familiar with acknowledging fears and embracing change. This is done through groups like breath work, mindful meditation, journaling and art therapy. Clients usually identify one or more of these creative outlets as a necessary tool to put into daily practice. Divinity Recovery believes this is an essential part of recovery.
Evidence Based TreatmentTherapists at Divinity Recovery use science based methods that help uncover and treat underlying issues and traumas. We have years of experience treating and researching methods of best practices. Upon intake, members will be given a specialized treatment plan that outlines which combination of treatment will be best for the individual. Some of the treatment methods include cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, biofeedback and EMDR
- Average Location/Amenities
- Beach Community
- Residential Neighborhood
Meet the Staff
- Lea HummelFounderLea is a holistic wellness coach with 10+ years experience owning and operating addiction recovery centers in Los Angeles. She is driven by creating community access to quality drug and alcohol treatment. She specializes in mental health, substance abuse, nutritional therapy and functional medicine. Lea has dedicated herself to being of service to her community and finds that her life’s work is to help others discover their path to healing!
- Dr. Montoya WhitfieldPrimary TherapistMontoya has been in the field of mental health for over 12 years. Dr. Whitfield has experience with the following populations; children, adolescents, young adults and families. Specialty diagnosis; Anxiety, Autism, Eating Disorders, Depression, Substance Abuse and Trauma. Dr. Whitfield brings a wealth of academic experience as well, she has her BA in Mass Communications, M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy and she recently completed her Doctorate of Psychology (PsyD) in Applied Clinical Psychology.