Community Assessment & Treatment Services

8411 Broadway Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio, 44105
To promote the social justice needs of the community by providing high-quality, cost-effective, evidence-based interventions that comprehensively address the chemical dependency and behavioral health needs of a diverse clientele. CATS will be known for cultivating the dignity and self-worth of people by offering community-based recovery from addiction, mental illness, and criminal behavior.

• Individualized Treatment Plans
  • CARF & OhioMHAS Certified
  • Cognitive-Behavioral Based Treatment

• Outpatient

Outpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.

• Average Location/Amenities

• Roxanne Wallace, MA
    Roxanne Wallace, MAFounder & Executive Director
    Ms. Wallace, Executive Director of CATS, founded the organization 25 years ago. From its humble beginnings as a DWI diversion program to its current status as one of Cuyahoga County’s premier treatment centers, Ms. Wallace has overseen the incredible growth the agency has experienced. Over the years, CATS has continually added a variety of mental health and chemical dependency services at its core campus and at satellite offices.
  • John Scalish, LICDC-CS, ICCS
    John Scalish, LICDC-CS, ICCSChief Operating Officer
    Mr. Scalish has been with Community Assessment and Treatment Services since October 2002. Throughout his years with the agency, he has served in various capacities, before assuming his current duties as Clinical Director, including men's residential counselor, Forensic Program Manager, Drug Court Liaison and Outpatient Program Manager. He holds a BA in sociology from John Carroll University with a focus in Criminal Justice, and a Masters of Education from Cleveland State University in Community Agency Counseling. He is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, a Licensed Independent Chemical Dependency Counselor Clinical Supervisor and an Internationally Certified Clinical Supervisor.

Financial Details

• Financing Available

Mk
If supposedly the health dept said cats is following cdc requirements during the corona virus epidemic, then why has none of the clients seen any health dept workers doing a walk through of the facility? And they also are not following guidelines of social distancing with clients. The food is being served without gloves, masks,or hair nets, to the clients. And when my husband was very very sick and asked to go to the hosp ,he was told he had no rights ,and was told NO. Also, the staff was cleaning all pods with the same mop bucket and rags ,going from one area to the next spreading germs. So how is that being up to the CDC guidelines? whenever the clients ask any questions about this disorder they are told that they have no rights .
JJ
    Unfortunately I can not say anything good about this facility. Forcing loved ones to be apart from one another. Not allowing them to visit causes havoc in a relationship. It dwindels their will to stick with the program. Counselors lying and leading one to believe something then ripping it from them giving hope no chance to survive. It's amazing that anyone could stick with it and stay sober. They do more damage then they help the create resentment which is a big leader to using. I can not stand not stick behind such a horrible place who treats as if they are better then the clients and that they are in control freaks who think this is punishment and not what it's meant to be treatment. If you have a choice do not use this program it will ruin your life and make things worse before it makes it better!
    KK
      I thought the community counseling was excellent..i learned about enabeling. It was very painful to learn that my love was not an antidote for addiction. It was beneficial to learn boundaries and behavior the addict has to manipulate you. I've nevered cried more. The knowledged turned me inside out..but it empowered me and gave me tools to help. I still do not understand how addiction can be a disease and a choice That is where i see there needs to be a spiritual dimension added for their soul to heal. Grateful that the Treatment Center Exists Many prayers go up . Thank you.
      KS
        This place is a joke...The staff is a joke and they dont know whats going on in there.
        Susan
          On my first and only visit I was treated poorly. The woman behind the desk acted as if she had better things to do. When I told her it was my first visit and I wasn\'t sure what to do. She said fill out the form over there. Then when I said I had a drop off for my son, she yelled at me and said didn\'t they explain anything to you. We don\'t take drop offs except for people who are out of town. I said well I am from out of town. Then she said well I\'ll get to it in a minute and thru the stuff on the floor. Then we went into the room were we waited for 20mins before any of our family came out. And had our 2 hours of AA meeting. People talking to each other being very disrespectful. The guy running it warned them. But never followed thru will anything. Continued throughout. Then another guy came in to babysit us after that. I high five my son and get told there will be no touching. After 1 visit that was enough for me. These people are supposed to be role models? Not at all what I thought I was going to see. Big disappointment Big!