Charlie's Place Recovery Center

5501 1H 37 (McBride Lane), Corpus Christi, Texas, 78408

good. Strong.
Irene
If this place was located near by a hospital, my loved would not travel too far to get medication. Well it does work for some people and it doesn't work for others. However, it did work for loved one.
TRT
I have to write a review here because Charlie\'s literally transformed and saved my life this year (2016). Coming in I should have died from excessive drinking several times and wasn\'t going to be helped by just going to a support group like A.A. Charlie\'s detox program got my body right, their residential program got my mind right and their supportive program gave me the opportunity to transition out of the relative safety of full-time living at Charlie\'s and back into society all the while giving me a safe haven to return to each night. I can\'t say enough nice things about the staff, the techs and the counselors. Many of them work for around $8/hr and can barely pay their bills but there they are helping alcoholics and addicts in need. I\'ve heard a lot of flack directed towards the facility in general and I just don\'t get it. You live in a renovated hotel for God\'s sake, what more could you want??? Plus a lot of people that complained while I was there were there for free; either covered by insurance, state funded or funded by V.A. programs. I made a couple of friends for life while there and was so impressed at my transformation I relocated to Corpus after my successful discharge. Gotta mention my counselor because she was phenomenal, miss you. I will be forever grateful for the part you played in my recovery. If you struggle with alcoholism or addiction I urge you to check out Charlie\'s and do what you need to do to get in there. This was my second time in rehab, the first coming somewhere else years ago and I truly believe it was my last.
Jeanette
Concern and care for those suffering from addiction, Great recovery return
Very caring, Don't discriminate if u can't pay, Staff needs to be better but its a Good place