Caron Treatment Centers Pennsylvania

243 North Galen Hall Road, Wernersville, Pennsylvania, 19565
Caron’s mission is to transform lives impacted by drug and alcohol addiction through proven, evidence-based, comprehensive and personalized behavioral healthcare. At Caron, we understand that addiction is complex – as complex as the people and families it affects. Physical, psychological, and spiritual dimensions all play a role in substance abuse disorders. That’s why Caron doesn't just treat drug and alcohol problems, but every related issue that patients and their families face. More than just a rehab center, Caron is a leading provider of integrated behavioral health treatment.

• Neurofeedback Therapy
  • Family Support and Treatment
  • College Success Program

• Detox

Though not all rehab facilities offer “medical detoxification,” all people with an addiction to drugs or alcohol will experience intense physical and emotional changes and discomfort as their bodies react to withdrawal of the addictive substance. Many people use the term “detox” to refer to the period of time (ranging from a few days to a week) when the body is reacting to an addict’s decision to stop using.

• Average Location/Amenities

• Dr. Joseph Garbely, D.O., FASAM
    Dr. Joseph Garbely, D.O., FASAMVice President of Medical Services and Medical Director
  • David Rotenberg, MA, MBA, CAC Diplomate
    David Rotenberg, MA, MBA, CAC DiplomateExecutive Vice President & Clinical Officier

Financial Details

• Some Financing Available

Eunice
This will be a long but honest post. This place was a total waste of money. And let me just say, I’ve been to 5 treatment centers ranging from a place like this to ones where people are literally coming off the streets. First of all, I learned the exact same things in every place. Fancier place, same info is all. I ended up leaving early bc I was fed up with my counselor who was a total joke. You would think with the amount of money they take, they would hire the best of the best, but maybe they spend it all on the facilities and food. No surprise, I relapsed just as I did after any rehab and I called with my head down in shame begging to come back. They told me my only option was to do like 2 weeks of treatment and I must go to a halfway house, no negotiations (I wanted to go in for at least another month). The halfway house they wanted me to go to was 10k a month btw. They also had a tone as if to say “I told you so” since I left early. I was shocked by how they handled someone begging and saying I’m sorry, you were right and I need help. There was another rehab I left early and went back to (yeah, I was one of those addicts lol) and this place welcomed me back with open arms. In fact, they had a whole policy that regardless of if you leave AMA (against medical advice) or not, they will not turn away someone who might need help again in the future. Why even work in treating addicts if there’s no real empathy? I didn’t take their offer. Instead, I completely relocated to a new state with the determination to change my life and several years after my experience at Caron, I’m sober and doing great, no thanks to them. They actually are the reason why I chose to not go back into treatment again and lose faith in the people who are working in positions to help and try this leap of faith in moving. Your mindset is the number one most important thing in getting sober. Then, I truly believe that’s when rehab or however you choose to get sober will work. Also, the type of people I was with at Caron were terrible. Basically women whose rich husbands forced them to go to rehab bc they drank too much wine. We went to an AA meeting with a different group once and a girl from that group told a dark and harrowing story about her drug addiction-a reality so many of us addicts know. Afterwards, one woman in my group actually spoke in disgust about how she couldn’t believe some of the things this girl has done and how she didn’t want to hear stories like that. Ummm, does this woman not realize she’s in the EXACT SAME rehab? She might think she’s better but somehow ended up in the same place lol. A lot of other women agreed. I recommend this rehab if you want to be pretentious and snobby and act like you’re better than those “other addicts” whose lives actually went to crap from addiction and want genuine help.
KT
went here twice, left in tears both times and it wasn\'t because I \"wasn\'t ready.\" this place is pretentious, punitive, lacks diversity, has cookie cutter treatment regimens, and I\'ve seen much prettier treatment centers in more desirable places. I don\'t know if they take insurance these days, but they didn\'t when I went. $80k wasted and I the supervisor and counselor I dealt with was a Master manipulator. This place sent me right back to drinking. I am sober today thanks to a place that may not have the \"reputation\" but they cared about patients not just walking around puffing up their egos. ill never step foot near that campus again and I would suggest you go just about anywhere else.
Katrina
I read the other reviews and I was surprised to read such negativity. It\'s a rehab, not a spa or resort. When I was at caron I was treated very well. I got what I as a patient put in. I needed to figure out where I went wrong after ten years of sobriety and my counselors and group reminded me that life\'s not always perfect and to dust myself off and keep pushing forward. Meals were healthy and lots of variety. There were plenty of snacks provided on the floor. Groups started at 7am and ended early evening. It wasn\'t just aa/na meetings. I attended many groups based on trauma and grief therapy. Started EMDR with a certified emdr therapist. The clinical staff were amazing and really listened when I didn\'t feel well. Some of the CA\'s weren\'t the best, but the good outweighed the bad for sure. I only wish we could have got more than 15 minutes for video chat on visitation days. Thank you caron, you gave me my spark back!
Rick Costello
Beware. They are not upfront/honest with the care they provide. We were CRYSTAL CLEAR that our child had mental health issues (anxiety and depression) that needed treatment/therapy. Asked if they would focus on this and not just addiction. They assured me they would. Not the case. My child sat in NA/AA meetings all day. They also did not disclose that there is a 5 day blackout period where you will not be able to speak or get a letter to your loved one. This is barbaric! Also, the children wash their clothes with body soap. Not good in normal times, especially during covid. Spoke to my kid a total of 2 times in 17 days and with a therapist listening- 10 minute max. Counselors not responsive to emails/phone calls. Removed her half way through. Brutal experience. Waste of time and money.
John N
Loved Caron. Loved the therapists, staff, all the help, the drivers, the whole gang. It was the pivotal point in my life. Been sober, LORD willing, one day at a time, 28 years this year. When I arrived on prescribed benzodiazepines and booze, I was a mess. They worked with me patiently, gently and with humor. It is not easy to face myself, but the staff had gone through what they recommended we do, and made honesty the true friend it must become to achieve and maintain a healthy way to live without using drugs/alcohol/people/sex/food/t.v./work/romance etc. There was no way I could have begun to embrace that type of lifestyle without tons of support and love I found there and afterwards where others gather to share our experiences, our strength, our hopes, who we really are! I begged GOD to help me not to drink daily. I begged GOD to help me to drive home from work without drinking. I could not do it consistently. Only occasionally. I knew GOD had to be very upset with me or HE would answer me and take the compulsion to drink away. (HE had done so years before.) Since treatment, HE has made it possible for me to do that for many years and I'm grateful. I used the tools CARON gave me. I really did, quite certain initially, they wouldn't help. But, they did help. The tools and my new friends made all the difference. I wasn't alone, anymore. I found many others who KNEW exactly how I felt: the insecurities, the competitiveness, the merciless way I treated myself, on and on. "Extra" testing might be exactly what is needed for some. I was dx with ADHD shortly after treatment and it has been a lifesaver for me, personally, as well. I have sleep apnea, too, and have been learning that treatment for it can make a big difference. If we put sobriety first, I too believe our loving Dad makes a way for us that truly is beyond our wildest dreams. I think CARON is very dedicated to reaching the person still suffering. Everyone is human and organizations are only as good as the people who serve. GOD help CARON and everyone who attends there or any other facility as they seek to treat and to recover from the oppression of addiction.