CAP of Downers Grove

4954 Main Street, Downers Grove, Illinois, 60515

AS
At CAP you truly are (treated) like a number not an individual. Their state of mind is basically as follows: You, the patient, are addicted and that will never change. With that said you should be on methadone to decrease the spread of disease (via active drug use) and decrease the sheer negative effects of an active user on society. To keep both of those ideals at bay it is best to keep addicts on methadone for the rest of their life. With that in mind if you agree with them then you should become a patient. Do not think you will get off methadone with CAP's help...Please consider this if you are thinking about methadone maintenance...I went into CAP expecting to be a patient for 6 months, seven years later I had to stop paying them so they would decrease my dose, and I had to go to a treatment center for 40 days to detox from methadone. I had become everything I didn't want to be when I became a patient at CAP. The last thing I will say is the counselor you are assigned to is only required to meet with you once a month (and) every question I asked my counselor was answered by a Google search.