Blue Hills Hospital-Substance Abuse Division

500 Vine Street, Hartford, Connecticut, 06112
Cedarcrest Regional Hospital/Blue Hills Substance Services is affiliated with the state of Connecticut Department of Mental Health and is part of network of addiction treatment programs run by the state. Treatment is offered for a range of addictions, including drugs, alcohol and gambling.

DJ
Communication was great but getting people to stay on for longer treatment wasn't done very well. There needs to be more help available to these individuals.
Strengths: Offers several payment options. This variety of treatment types. Weaknesses: Staff could be more accommodating to changing conditions. While the payment options were sufficient an insurance hiccup resulted in a bill being issued when charges WERE indeed covered. They need to be more thorough and not cause undo stress on people that are trying to get healthy.
Bob
I dried out and I had a great time. Everyone was great.
The program was great, but they were short staffed.
Angel
I enjoyed their nature walks, counseling, and the healthy food. The staff gives us strength to overcome our addictions. The phone options suck. There is no connection to the internet and the bathrooms are horrible-- they are always broken. I'm Angel, I'm a heroin addict. I'm sober at the moment but only faith and the connection with my higher power have kept me like this. I honestly think that the facility did not made anything change in me, it was the words from the people in it. And not really the counselors, mostly the other addicts and some staff that were addicts in the past. After I got out the fist time, the first thing I did was to get high, but then after some time I realized how much I was hurting myself and I put to practice what I've learned on my own way. I'm now 8 months clean and I wouldn't change that or anything. So even if I didn't stay clean after leaving blue hills, I am now and thanks to what I learned there...