1010 Mary Street, Waycross, Georgia, 31503
At Bethesda Recovery, women learn how to break free from the ties of addiction by pursuing wholeness — physically, emotionally and spiritually. The faith-based rehab utilizes a biblical approach to recovery called the 12 Gates, which offers hope and healing through a spiritual encounter with Jesus. Therapy and life coaching is also offered in a safe and structured environment with 24/7 supervision.
- Loving People Back to Life
- 12 Gates Recovery and Restoration
- Biblically Based Christ Centered Recovery
Client & Family Support GroupsGroup therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.
Individual TherapyThis term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.
Meet the Staff
- Cathy SweatFounderCathy Sweat, is an expert in the area of addiction recovery and personal restoration. Cathy is a pioneer in the field of Christian recovery. She the founder of Bethesda Recovery, Inc., a non-profit ministry that helps women break the power of addiction and substance abuse. Bethesda Recovery has been open since 1996. She is a Board Certified Pastoral Counselor, a Certified Christian Life Coach, and is an Ordained Minister with the International Pentecostal Holiness Church (IPHC). Currently, Cathy Sweat is a Regional Pastor of the Northeast Region of the Sonshine Network Ministries, and she is the Senior Pastor of Bethesda Fellowship. She is a frequent conference, church, and women's group speaker and she is actively involved in helping churches recognize addiction issues among Christians and equipping them to participate in the recovery process.
- Rev. Amber WilliamsRecovery DirectorLicensed minister with International Pentecostal Holiness Church. Christian Life Coach.