Behavioral Wellness And Recovery
1301 Wrights Lane E Suite 103, West Chester, Pennsylvania, 19382
At Behavioral Wellness and Recovery of Pennsylvania we are committed to being a driving force of empowerment and hope for individuals, families and communities affected by substance use disorders.
- Community and peer-based models such as 12-step mutual aid programs
- A comprehensive approach to substance use disorder treatment
- Long-term recovery training and strategic planning
Client & Family Support GroupsGroup therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)EMDR is a highly specific, research-validated form of therapy that can help people overcome traumatic stress, anxiety and depression. With EMDR, a trained practitioner uses bilateral stimulation, eye movement and touch to stimulate parts of the brain as a patient recounts certain experiences and memories as a way to more thoroughly process uncomfortable, painful feelings.
- Residential Neighborhood
Meet the Staff
- George ChuPh.DDr. Chu has a MBA from the Wharton School of Finance and a Ph.D. from Adelphi University. He received his BA from the University of Michigan Dr. Chu has twenty-five years’ experience in operations and finance. He has provided operational support and/or initiated, structured and financed transactions for private companies in healthcare, high technology, manufacturing and in financial services.
- Zach MiersLead CounselorZach has a Master’s in Professional Counseling from Liberty University and a Master’s in American History. He obtained his CAADC in May, 2016. Has been a counselor since 2013.