Banyan Heartland (Gilman)
- Grow through recovery with Banyan
- Customized plans for sustained recovery
- Leader in client care with facilities across the nation
Cognitive Behavioral TherapyThe focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.
Family ProgramResearch shows that the odds of successful, sustained recovery from addiction are far higher when family members and loved ones are involved in treatment. Drug and alcohol addiction often have genetic roots, whether related to substance abuse, mental illness or both. Family dynamics also play a role and, often, family members are the first to realize a loved one has developed an addiction. Also, it’s important for family members to understand and embrace the lifestyle changes that are required to sustain recovery.
Intensive OutpatientPatients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.
DetoxThough not all rehab facilities offer “medical detoxification,” all people with an addiction to drugs or alcohol will experience intense physical and emotional changes and discomfort as their bodies react to withdrawal of the addictive substance. Many people use the term “detox” to refer to the period of time (ranging from a few days to a week) when the body is reacting to an addict’s decision to stop using.
- Average Location/Amenities
- Residential Neighborhood
Meet the Staff
- Tami StaufferExecutive Director and Director of NursingTami Stauffer was born and raised in Central Illinois, where she began her nursing career as an emergency room nurse. She worked at a jail and a treatment facility prior to becoming the Executive Director and Director of Nursing at Banyan. Her work experience has shown her how important mental health and addiction treatment is for all patients. Tammi prides herself on building a compassionate team of nurses at who take exceptional care of their patients at Banyan.
- Beth McCueDirector of OperationsBeth McCue is an Illinois native who began her career working in Special Education in elementary schools. She then obtained a master's degree in Professional Counseling and started working at an IOP program in 2013. Five years later, she joined the Banyan family as Director of Operations at our Heartland facility.
- Devin LyonsClinical DirectorDevin Lyons, LCPC was born and raised near Champaign, IL. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and went on to get his Master’s degree in both Professional and School Counseling from Olivet Nazarene University. His experience ranges from working in residential and community mental health, outpatient individual therapy, inpatient group therapy, hospital mental health evaluation and intake assessments, all before stepping into the role as Clinical Director of Banyan Heartland’s Detox & Residential Programs.
- Paige ColemanFamily Services CoordinatorGrowing up between Chicago and South Florida, Paige has unfortunately had a lot of firsthand experience with addiction. She faced tremendous losses of her brother, sister and best friend to addiction, and through the pain has grown extremely passionate about helping people who are struggling themselves. Paige started her journey in the recovery field in 2012 when she ran a sober living facility, before moving on to work in outpatient facilities in business development, admissions positions, and now family services. Having experienced such immense losses of her loved ones, Paige is passionate about helping not only those who are struggling, but their families too. Paige is a valued member of the Family Services Department and holds the title of Family Services Coordinator. She communicates with all families for our Lake Worth, Chicago, and Gilman locations.