Able to Change Recovery

31501 Rancho Viejo Road #101, San Juan Capistrano, California, 92675
Able to change Recovery is a modern medical model treatment center. We’ve taken the fundamentals of the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, trusted for over 80 years, and included evidence-based treatment for addiction and co-occurring disorders.

• Indivdiual counseling, group counceling, intense family therapy
  • We offer residential , partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient treatment programs.
  • Meditation, Tai-Chi, Yoga, and Equine Therapy

• Equine Therapy

A form of animal therapy, equine therapy involves visiting, working with and sometimes riding horses as a way to create a metaphoric relationship that leads to life-altering insights.

• Private/Secluded

• Ron Israel, CADC II, NCAC I
    Ron Israel, CADC II, NCAC I Primary Chemical Dependency Counselor, Clinical Supervisor
    Ron Israel is an addiction professional with over 28 years of service in the field of chemical dependency. He earned his Bachelors of Arts Degree in Human Services at Cal State University Fullerton, and he holds a Master of Arts Degree in Management Health Services. He holds certifications as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor Level II, National Certified Addiction Counselor, and and Internationally Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor. After 8 years of service as Director of Addiction Services at Charter Behavioral Health Systems in Mission Viejo, he pursued private practice. In 2000, Ron began his affiliation with Able To Change Recovery when he held the program’s first group counseling session for a hand full of tough hard-core alcoholic-addicts in his small private practice office. That first group was the beginning of his dedication to help develop the Able To Change Recovery treatment program into what it is today. As the founder of Hawk Counseling and Consulting, Ron continues his private practice in San Juan Capistrano, CA where he provides outpatient individual counseling, family counseling, intervention services, and addiction treatment consulting. Having served as Regional Director of the California Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC), he is dedicated to helping bring new addiction counselors into the field. He is a member of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma and a native Californian. Ron has four children, three grandchildren, and resides with his beautiful and tolerant wife Brenda and their Doberman Jazz, in Rancho Margarita CA.
  • Saralyn Cohen, CATC, CSC, CCDS
    Saralyn Cohen, CATC, CSC, CCDSCEO, Founder and President
    After many experiences with various treatment centers, Saralyn felt there was a fundamental need to create a substance abuse facility that would be sympathetic to both clients and their families. She began to understand how difficult it was to find a treatment center that shared this philosophy. With this in mind, Saralyn founded Able To Change Recovery, Inc. (ATCR) in 1999. She has served as the President and Chairperson of ATCR since its inception. In August of 2002, she became Vice President & board member for the Orange County National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependency. A National non-profit association devoted to “empower the recovery community through outreach and education programs.” During the same time period, she served as Chairman on the Ethics committee and Field Inspection Officer for the Sober Living Coalition of Orange County. Saralyn loves running, weight training, deep-sea fishing, cooking, and spending time with her loving family.

Financial Details

• Up to 60%

Steve
    Able to change saved my daughters life. Admitted with Severe opioid addiction. 1 month inpatient 1 month sober living discharge and working! Important things to note about this recovery. First, during the inpatient they prescribed her non narcotic medicines to treat her underlying physiological conditions, anxiety and ADHD. I can't tell you how important that was as she used drugs to treat these things before and ended up with big addition problems and a life that was falling apart. Life is really good now she has a job see really likes and she is getting positive feedback from her work which is reinforcing her sobriety. She is starting to learn she doesn't know her own potential as she did drugs for so many years and had so much undiscovered intelligence and talent. It is so exciting for her and it would not be possible without able to change and her own desire to be sober. She will continue the non narcotic meds which are really helping. These guys are experts! special thanks to her drug counselor as he was a huge part of her recovery. As her father I am forever grateful to you ! You are an angel I am forever grateful to you and able to change! So take a moment and feel the love as you are saving lives and families. Thank god for people like you!!! Thank you all from able to change for your team work!!!
    Trish
    My first treatment center and I absolutely loved it. The staff really cares about and caters to your needs. The houses were immaculate and very welcoming. All of admin and the counselors made sure that you were comfortable and well taken care of. The house managers I had were very good then I went to work for them myself. I could not ask for a better treatment center as a client. I honestly believe had it not been for them caring for me so much as a client that I would not be almost 19 months clean still. I would recommend Able To Change to anyone who really wants to get and stay clean and have a staff that really cares for you
    MS
    I am a middle age person put in a house full of loud rowdy 20 somethings. Always playing vulgar rap music loudly. Asked to change housing on 3rd day there. The management is awful. Workers are good. Beware of the living conditions. And I left with no med plan,, just a bunch of pills in a plastic bag.
    SN
      Houses are filthy, have spiders, and in general disrepair.
      morgan
      I cant even begin to describe how amazing this staff is and how well this place is put together. I came in here being so rude and out of my mind- they all treated me so wonderful even though I was being ridiculous. This place saved my life and has made me keep striving to stay sober. The daily groups are incredible and have really helped me get to the root of why I am an addict. My family and I have grown a stronger bond and I am finally getting my life in the right direction because of this place! Honestly, Thank You Able To Change!