Crystal Meth Addiction Hotlines & Text Helpline
Crystal meth hotlines can provide resources and support for those who are struggling with crystal meth use. Whether you’re calling for yourself or on behalf of someone you care about, many of these services are confidential, free, and available 24 hours a day.
What Is Crystal Meth?
Methamphetamine is a highly addictive stimulant that affects the central nervous system (CNS).1 Crystal meth is a form of the drug that has a glass-like appearance.1 The high of crystal meth begins and fades quickly, which causes many people to take more of the drug in a “binge and crash” pattern.1 Crystal meth rapidly releases dopamine in the reward areas of the brain, which makes a person want to repeat the experience.1
What Type of Help Can a Crystal Meth Hotline Provide?
If you’re struggling with crystal meth use and aren’t sure where to turn for help, a substance abuse hotline can be a great resource. Many crystal meth addiction hotlines are available 24 hours a day and can connect with a representative who can direct you toward the help you need.
A crystal meth hotline can provide you with:
- Information on the symptoms and effects of this addiction.
- Information on community-based organizations and support groups.
- Resources to help you find crystal meth addiction treatment.
- Information about what treatment might look like and what to expect.
- How to pay for treatment.
- Contact information for treatment programs and other resources.
List of Crystal Meth Hotline Numbers
There are a variety of hotlines available from different organizations. Here is a comprehensive list of who you can reach out to if you’re struggling with crystal meth and need resources, support, or to connect with a treatment program.
Please note that these hotlines are not equipped to handle emergencies. If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911 immediately.
- AAC is a leading provider of treatment for substance use. Our Admissions Navigators are ready to help you anytime, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Share your story, get the information and resources you need, and if you’re ready you can even start the admission process for substance use treatment.
- Boys Town offers help on a national hotline for youth and their families. If you’re experiencing issues with substance use or mental health, call anytime 24/7.
- Text 741741
- Send a text to the number above to connect with a live, trained crisis counselor who can help you stay safe and healthy and move you through your immediate crisis. You can also get help creating a plan to stay safe long term, which may include substance use treatment
- NAMI’s national helpline is available Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST. You can connect with peer support and the resources you need.
- 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929)
- Youth experiencing homelessness, or runaway youth, can contact this hotline 24/7. There is also support for adults concerned about a youth in crisis.
- Schedule a call or text CONNECT to 55753
- Helps adults who are supporting kids who struggle with substance use. Trained specialists listen to what you’re experiencing and propose a personalized plan of action.
- This hotline helps people who are at risk of poisoning, including through substance use and prescription drug misuse.
- Available to callers of any age who need resources and support related to a risk of suicide. This line is available 24/7 nationwide.
- 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- This hotline is available 24/7 to anyone experiencing substance misuse or a mental health crisis. You can speak to someone in English or Spanish.
Other Crystal Meth Hotline Details to Know
Crystal meth helplines vary depending on the organization providing the service. However, many are staffed by compassionate representatives who can assist you in getting the help you need. Whether you have questions about substance use, want to learn about treatment options, or need a referral, there are a variety of different hotlines available.
Can I Text a Crystal Meth Hotline Instead of Calling?
Some organizations offer support via text. If you’re looking for information, support, or resources but aren’t ready to call, you can sign up for personalized text help with American Addiction Centers (AAC). AAC provides confidential and free text support 24/7. There is no obligation to enter rehab treatment and you can opt-out at any time.
How to Get Help for Crystal Meth Addiction
If you’re struggling with crystal meth, help is available. If you’re not sure where to start, calling a hotline can be a helpful first step that can connect you with a treatment provider or provide referrals.
While addiction isn’t “cured,” it is a treatable disorder that can be managed successfully.2 Effective treatments for methamphetamine addiction include behavioral therapies such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and motivational incentives (MI).1 The treatment that’s right for you will depend on several factors (e.g., how much crystal meth you use and for how long) and what your doctor deems medically necessary.
If you’re looking for treatment centers, you can use our rehab directory to explore top-rated rehab programs near you or out of state. You can also contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) at to learn more about treatment options at an AAC facility.
Insurance and Treatment: Am I Covered?
Paying for treatment is a common concern. Fortunately, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires long-term health insurance plans to cover 10 essential health benefits, including mental health and substance use treatment.3 This means that if you have a long-term health insurance plan, there will be at least some coverage for a substance use treatment program. It’s always a good idea to verify your insurance before you commit to a program, however. You can do this by calling the phone number on the back of your insurance card, contacting the treatment center you’re considering, or filling out the short form below.