Exploring Great Falls Rehab Facilities
The City of Great Falls
, Montana was named for the five waterfalls in close proximity along the upper Missouri River basin. With over 30 percent of the households having children under the age of 18, the community of Great Falls is strongly family oriented. The substantial population of teens in Great Falls unfortunately contributes to the drug problem the region deals with. According to the 2010 National Survey on Drug Use and Health
, the rates of drug use among youths aged 12 to 17 increased from 9.3 percent in 2008 to 10.1 percent in 2009 and 2010.
Drug use among youths is back on the rise, meaning there is an increasing need for rehab facilities in Great Falls.What to Look at Before Going to Treatment
When considering a drug addiction treatment program, it is important to take into account the following:
- How long will your stay in rehab be? Different types of drug addictions require distinct types and varying lengths of treatment.
- What type of program will you enter? Some addiction types would benefit more from an inpatient treatment program, where patients live at the facility. Other addiction types would benefit more from an outpatient treatment program where they are allowed to interact with family regularly and continue with their day-to-day lives while undergoing treatment.
- How will you pay for your treatment program? These days, some insurance companies will cover at least a portion of treatment. Employee health benefits may help cover part of the treatment costs, and many rehab centers offer flexible payment plan options.
Of course, there are also programs that exclusively cater to the treatment of teens or other specific demographics.
What Are the Phases of Drug Addiction Treatment?
It is important to know what you can expect when entering a drug treatment program. Often, treatment programs include:
- Detox. Patients eliminate the drug from their system entirely during this stage of rehab. Some individuals will experience a more severe detox period than others depending on the type of addiction and the length of time they've been using.
- Counseling. Patients meet with counselors and therapists in individual and group sessions.
- Sober living and aftercare. Patients re-enter their day-to-day lives while still receiving counseling and support from the facility.