WhiteSands Treatment Center of Tampa

2011 Wheeler Street, Plant City, Florida, 33563
At WhiteSands Treatment Center, our philosophy revolves around the positive belief that everyone has the capacity to improve and grow. We know that you can overcome your limitations through changes in attitudes, habits, and behavior, and we are here to help you do just that! Alcohol abuse and drug addiction are chronic problems that affect both the body and the mind, so we don’t just treat physiological dependency; our dual diagnosis treatment programs also work to locate and change factors that might make it difficult to abstain from drug and alcohol abuse in the long term. We are entirely committed to helping you reach your fullest potential. We want to encourage and inspire you to have confidence and faith in yourself; to learn how to forgive not just yourself, but also those around you. Ultimately, recovery is about healing. Here at WhiteSands, we know that alcohol and drug addiction affects everyone differently. We maintain the creed that you deserve a customized treatment program tailored to your highly specific situation, so all of our alcohol and drug addiction treatment programs are updated and modified as an individual’s situation evolves. This careful process maximizes your chances of a successful recovery.

• A+ BBB rated
  • JCAHO accredited
  • 95% scorecard from DCF

• Detox

Though not all rehab facilities offer “medical detoxification,” all people with an addiction to drugs or alcohol will experience intense physical and emotional changes and discomfort as their bodies react to withdrawal of the addictive substance. Many people use the term “detox” to refer to the period of time (ranging from a few days to a week) when the body is reacting to an addict’s decision to stop using.
  • Individualized Treatment

Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

• Private/Secluded

• Joseph Ducey
    Joseph DuceyCOO
    Mr. Ducey currently serves as Chief Operating Officer of White Sands Treatment Centers, and has held that position since shortly after the opening of the facility. As COO of White Sands, Mr. Ducey is responsible for the day to day operations of both Ft Myers and Tampa treatment locations.In addition to his day to day responsibilities at White Sands, Mr. Ducey was responsible for the expansion of the Ft Myers location into Intensive Outpatient and Sober Home programs, as well as the planning and opening of the Tampa location consisting of 150 inpatient beds. Prior to joining White Sands, Mr. Ducey held a variety of management positions within Acquinity Interactive and its subsidiary companies, where his responsibilities primarily focused on the day to day operations of call center management team, product development, and implementation and analysis. Prior to joining Acquinity, Mr. Ducey served as Executive Vice President of CIT Group in Livingston, New Jersey. He holds a degree in Business Administration from Rutgers University in New Jersey. Mr Ducey currently resides in Ft Myers Florida.
  • Dr Lyndsay Henry
    Dr Lyndsay HenryVP of Clinical
    Lyndsay Henry, Ph.D. currently serves as Clinical Director for the Fort Myers Location and has held that position since shortly after opening in 2014. She is additionally Vice President of Clinical Services for White Sands Treatment Centers. Within these roles, Dr. Henry oversees clinical operations for all locations. She is responsible for hiring and training all clinical staff in Fort Myers as well as creating and implementing the program schedules and aiding in patients receiving the best treatment possible. Dr. Henry is a licensed Clinical Psychologist in the state of Florida. She received her undergraduate degree in Psychology and Sociology at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. She received her master’s and doctorate degrees in Psychology at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. She has worked extensively with children, adolescents, and those struggling with addiction.

Financial Details

• Financing available

Blake
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at this facility and my recovery is a testimony to the care and discipline of the staff at white sands. My case manager helped me to set up and develop an aftercare plan I am still using to walk out my new life today. I would suggest this treatment center to anyone who is serious and honest about their willingness to do what’s necessary for success.
DK
I have been overly impressed with White Sands and what they have been able to do for a loved one. Brian Quigley went above and beyond with helping me understand ho the program works and what they are able to offer for help. Finding the right place to send a loved one is hard but Brian made it very easy for me to make my choice. Thank you Brian and white Sands.
Amelia
I came to White Sands in January to change my life for the better and get over my overwhelming addictions to alcohol and benzos. I\'ve been gone for 5 months now and I\'ve been sober for 6 months. White Sands was the best thing I\'ve ever done for myself and my family. The staff is amazing, I met so many fellow recovering alcoholics that worked there and helped guide me on this journey and my new life. I am forever grateful and I recommend this facility to anyone looking for treatment here.
Just someone needing help
DO NOT GO HERE IF YOU WANT HELP!!!! Staff does not care about you and they just keep adding More and more meds and then make fun of you. It’s like a revolving door of patients. Sad. But. True.
Brian P
Been over year since I was there and still doing well. This did what I need