White Deer Run of Allenwood

360 White Deer Run Road, Allenwood, Pennsylvania, 17810
The philosophy of White Deer Run is simple and direct: We are dedicated to ensuring that each patient is treated as an individual, receives a treatment plan tailored to his or her specific needs, and is provided with the optimum opportunity to realize a full and rewarding lifestyle, free from chemical dependency.

• Educational Workshops
  • Individual Sessions
  • Group Therapy Sessions

• 12-Step

The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

• Private/Secluded

• Amy Ruiz LSW CAC
    Amy Ruiz LSW CACClinical Supervisor
    I am the Clinical Supervisor of the Men’s Co-occurring Disorders Unit. After obtaining my Bachelors in Social Work at Bloomsburg University in December of 2001 I came to work at White Deer Run in January of 2002 and have been here ever since. I began my career at Allenwood as a counselor on the Women’s Co-occurring Disorders Unit and pursued my education and received my Masters in Social Work from Marywood University in May of 2005. It was then that I was promoted to a supervisor and worked on the adolescent unit until my recent move to the Men’s Unit. My experience here at White Deer Run has been primarily with patients with co-occurring disorders both on the women’s and the adolescent units. Dealing with addiction is never easy and it becomes more difficult when struggling with mental health issues. I believe that we need to combine the treatments of both in order to have the best chance of recovery. I love working with people and to be able to see them reclaim their lives by providing them with the proper treatment and support.
  • Brianne Shreck
    Brianne ShreckSupervisor of the Women’s Co-occurring Disorders Unit
    I am currently the Supervisor of the Women’s Co-occurring Disorders Unit at WDR of Allenwood. I came to WDR straight out of college as a Counselor Assistant. Since that time I have acted as a counselor, the lead counselor for the adolescent unit, the facility lead counselor, and now supervisor. I received my BS in Psychology from Pennsylvania State University and my MSW from Marywood University. I am also a Licensed Social Worker and a Certified Addictions Counselor. I cannot measure how much I have learned over the years at this facility. I am grateful for the experiences my co-workers and clients provide me on a daily basis. To see someone enter treatment who is hopeless, broken, and overwhelmed and watch them grow to someone who sees they have a future, can utilize personal strengths they never knew existed, and who is able to feel proud of themselves and their accomplishments is both rewarding and a testament to the work we do at this facility.

Nannette
Horrible uncaring staff. The worst.
Thomas
Addicted to narcotics in 1968 returned from Vietnam in 1970 went to WDR in 1975. Amazing program but not for the meek or mild therapy made me honestly look at myself. The place gave me the tools to change my life! I am sober 70yr old and my sponsor is 84yr old man who 12 stepped me and drove me 3hrs from Philadelphia! If your in rehab today look around because this time next year one of you will be dead or in jail for more than 5yrs or in a mental institution! Good Luck with your recovery.
Steohen
The staff is full of compassion and truly care about you I recommend White Deer Run Allenwood to anyone looking for help with addiction
Rich
I'm grateful for the help and guidance in the beginning of my recovery. Thanks to one staff member I'm on the road to recovery . Thank you for guiding me and having faith in me
Tammy
    I have not talked to my son in over two weeks I was told he's no longer there its like he just vanished please if anyone has gone through this please let me know I'm so worried about him